20. Drunken Days

~Ethen's POV~

"What's up?" Jesse asked me when we went out into the bathroom. I didn't use the bathroom, I just wanted to tell Jesse something.

"Do you remember Max?" I looked under the stalls to make sure that no one was in here.

"Ya, Why?" He looked confused.

"Well, you 'member when Lexi wanted to see me in the hospital?" He nodded. "When I was going to her room, I saw him and Malory fighting, and they,. . . kissed."

I looked carefully at his face to see any emotion. He clenched his jaw, obviously irritated. "Why were they fighting and then kissing? And didn't he kiss Lexi?"

"They were fighting about that."

The door suddenly opened to reveal Austin. "What did I miss?" He asked walking towards us.

"Nothing just Malory kissing Max after he kissed Lexi, and before I kissed her." Jesse answers tightening his grip on the edge of the sink. His knuckles were turning white.

"Dude. For real?" Austin asked stunned, probably trying to process what he just said.

Jesse nodded in response. I felt bad and with Max manipulating Malory and Lexi like that. Thank god that Lexi hates him as much as I do. Or is that an overstatement?

"I knew I hated that guy. He seemed, I don't know, fake." Austin tried to place the right words together.

"I'm gonna kill him!" Jesse yelled letting go of the sink and threw his hands to his sides.

"Calm down man." Austin tried to calm him down holding his shoulders. "Your not even together. And you weren't then either."

Jesse glared at him and settling down a bit. But before I could even say any comforting words to him, the door opened. A very shocked; short and nerd-ish looking guy walked in.

"Oh sorry. I'll hold it. Sorry." He quickly apologized running out the door and could hear him running back to the cafeteria. Was it because of me? Of course it was because of you, your the bad boy.

"Okay . . ." I dragged out.

"We better get back to the girls, there probably thinking that we got lost." I stated.

*5 minutes later*

"Huh. We both thought that you guys ditched us." Malory pointed out when we sat down.

"Only if. . . Hey, I thought that you were finishing a test." Lexi gestured to Austin.

Really? Was that his excuse? And he's suppose to be the smart one here.

"For one, ouch. And two, I only had to finish the last part. And when I was coming back I ran into these guys and we started talking, and that's what took us so long." He answered.

Well then, I take that back. I probably would have said something like 'we went to our lockers and Jesse locked me in one of them. '

Lexi nodded buying it and started talking about something to Malory again. I turned to Austin and mouthed, 'thank you'. He nodded and brought his attention back to the girls.

~*~

It had been a long day, so when I get home I grabbed a pack of beer and just plop on my bed and take out my phone and find something to distract me from everything that's been going on.