33. Back Again

~Ethen's P.O.V~

"I love you."

"Me too." It came out as more of a question than an answer.

She smiled big and hugged me. I put one arm around her waist.

I closed my eyes tight and said to myself, 'why, why why?! I can't love her. Why did I tell her that?'

***

So it's been a day since Lexi told me she loved me and I'm starting to worry that the curse is back. Now that my brother died. I think I'm in love with Lexi but I don't want to fall too hard for her. Cause if I do then I'll probably end up breaking her heart, just like my dad did to my mother. I just know if I fall in love with her then it will all end up badly.

I was brought out of my thoughts with the sound of my door bell ringing. I went to the door to see who it was. I saw the one person I never wanted to see again.

"What do you want Cody?" I practical spit out.

"Now, now, now sunny boy is that any way to talk to your one and only dad?" He said to me and I just wanted to slam the door in his face right now. But for some reason I couldn't bring myself to do it and wanted to know why he was here.

I rolled my eyes, "What do you want?"

"Have you herd that Trever is dead?"

"How do you know about Trever?" I asked.

"The question is, how you know about Trever."

"None of your consern."

He walked closer to me and made it so his muscles flexed and looked down at me. "You gonna let me in or what?"

"For a price." I cocked an eyebrow.

"Your a cocky little fella arn't ya?" He smirked. "Name your price."

"Never come back here ever again."

He huffed, "like I didn't see that coming." He twisted his body fast and before I knew it, the back of his hand hit the side of my face.

I backed up and grabbed my face. "I. Have. Had. Enough! With guys like you!" I ran and pummeled him to the ground outside.

He winced and pushed me off with all his might. I was sent flying and hit my side on the pavement of my driveway. I quickly got up and he started coming closer. I wasn't gonna let him win this one. I've let too many of them win. It's my turn.

He swung his arm and I ducked. As I ducked, I spun and sweeped him off his feet and he landed on his behind.

I grabbed my throbbing side and winced. But as I was distracted, Cody had gotten up and elbowed me in the gut. I hunched over and could feel my insides tightening.

I reluctantly got up and walked towards him. My breathing came out in pants. My whole body aked, but I was determined to make this fight mine. My victory. Make me feel good about it for once. Not some bad boy, but a warrior.

I looked at his forming black eye, and brought my fist straight to his nose, making sure I broke it.

Successfully, he bent down cluching his nose with blood oozing from the cracks in his fingers.

I smirked and didn't realize that we had an audience until someone screamed.

I looked over to where the scream came from, it was Lexi. I blacked out for a second, and when my vision came back I was on my back on the ground and I couldn't move my leg.