2. Team two

~Lexi's POV~

At lunch, Malory asked me to sit with her so I wouldn't feel lonely.

We got to know each other, I learned that she likes horses, her favorite color is purple, and she likes books. And much more.

I told her about that morning when I ran into this guy while looking for the guidance office, and told her about the people whispering around us, and explained what he looked like, because I was kind of curious if she knew who he was, or just what his name is.

"Do you know him?"  I asked when I saw her looking around to make sure no one herd what I had said.

"You could say that"  I couldn't tell if she knew him or not, but something tells me she does.

"What's his name?" I at least wanted to know that.

"E–Ethen Wolfe." She stuttered and scooted closer to me so no one could ease drop. "He's kinda the hot shot around here. He is the most popular guy in school. And I've heard some say that he is a huge player, and that he always sleeps around, he's never had a real girlfriend. No one knows why, he barely speaks to any girls longer than ten seconds. So I'm surprised that he talked to you for as long as he did. No offence. But don't get with him. Even though we just met, I don't want to see you get hurt by a jerk like him. I don't trust him." She finished looking over to where he was sitting with a bunch of guys laughing and shouting.

I looked over to where Malory was looking and sighed.
"But, why do you think he was so nice to me in the hall earlier?"

"To get in your pants." She mumbled stuffing the school's French fries in her mouth, but I don't think I was supposed to hear that.

She shrugged stuffing another fry in her mouth. So I kinda took that as the ending of the conversation. I reached over to steal a fry off of her tray, but she slapped my hand. "Hey!" I yelped.

"You have your own!" She motioned to my tray with fries on it.

"Well, ya but they are cold" I wined trying to reach over to grab another, but than quickly pulled my hand away before she could slap it and stood up and told her I was headed to the bathroom. Then I stole a fry from the other side of her and darted it to the restrooms.

***

When I got to my seventh period, I was surprised at how small our class was. There was only like 12 people there. It was gym and I actually don't mind gym.

After I got changed into some shorts and a baggy shirt, that was tied up in the back, I headed out onto the gym floor. Everyone else was out except for a couple girls still changing.

"I'm Mr.Stanton. Today we are just going to do some kick ball. I'm gonna pick your teams."

"Ugh" the whole class muttered.

"Team one is, Austin, Amy, McKenna, Kyle, Greg, and Emily."

"Team two is, Lexi, Jesse, Timmy, Rob, Liam, and Ethen."

'Wait what, since when has he been here?' I didn't see him here earlier, all though I wasn't really paying attention to faces. Today is not my day, running into Ethen, getting slapped on the hand, being the only girl on the team, Ethen being on my team. 

We all lined up, our team was kicking, and the other team was outfield. I headed to the end of the line, because being on a team of boys, you don't stand a chance being close to the front. Ethen was in front of me, he glanced back at me as the first person kicked and ran to 1st base. "Hey, I remember you." He said giving his full attention to me. "Ya, this morning, you were running and you ran into me." He smirked at the memory.

"Ya, that's me."

"Lexi, right?" My heart started to skip again like the first time I saw him.

"How–"

"Well, unless you consider Rob, Jesse, Timmy, or Liam a girl, your the only girl on this team. And the coach said your name." He looked very proud of him self for remembering all that.

"Ya, um, your up." I pointed to the outfield who had started calling his name.

He turned around and kicked the ball and it hit the pitcher right in the gut. I started to laugh as Ethen ran all the wsy to home base, while the pitcher tried to 'recover'. Wimp. It was a playground ball.

Honestly, I kinda found it hot how he just ran around the gym and in his basketball shorts, with a Nike muscle shirt tight to his abdomen, and his amazing dirty blonde hair, and his bright blue eyes, and his–

I was interrupted from my train of thought when the bell rang. Oh, Malory would kill me if she could hear my thoughts about Ethen.

"I saw you staring at him" a guy said running up to me.

"What?" I looked to see it was Jesse. One of Ethen's friends.

"Ethen. I saw you staring at him when he was running. Do you like him?"

Yes."No!"

"Then why were you staring at him?" He smirked.

Because he looks hot. "Because he hit that guy and didn't show any emotion. Just ran off like nothing even happened." I exclaimed looking away avoiding eye contact.

"What ever helps you sleep at night, new girl." OH NO HE DIDN'T!

"What did you just say?!" I said stopping to look straight at his face as he smirked.

"What ever helps you sleep at night" he said like he was talking to a 4 year old.

"After that"

"New girl, oh." The last word he said under his breath.

"Ya, 'oh'," I said rolling my eyes and walking to the locker room to get changed. Then a hand grabbed my wrist. I turned around to see it was Jesse. "Let go!" I said trying to pull my hand away, but his grip was too strong. So I slapped him in the face with my other hand, he let go to hold his face. So I took the chance and ran into the locker room. Well, so much for making a first good impression.

A/N
Lexi doesn't like labels.
Do you like? If y'all do then vote, comment, or share.
LaterLove y'all.