Love like no other <3 (Druna fanfic)

A/N: This goes for the whole book, I own nothing in this story except my plot-line and characters I make up. The rest of the story belongs to the incredibly talented J.K Rowling.

***Also, I want to remind everyone that this is a fan fiction. All of the details in this book will not align perfectly with the actual Harry Potter series. I am aware that the Luna in my story also may seem out of character, but war and emotional trauma can change people. The blood status of Luna Lovegood is debatable between Pureblood OR Half-Blood according to the HarryPotterWiki. Please do not judge my writing based on the fact that I have changed a few details.***

Chapter 1: Draco's new look

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up feeling nervous, and I knew why. It would be the day that I would return to Hogwarts for my 7th year. Hogwarts was my second home, where I made my first friend, found my first love, and first everything.

But Hogwarts was also the center of my nightmares nowadays. Most nights I dreamt of all the people I saw die: Fred, Tonks, Lavender and Lupin. Hogwarts was also where my first love rejected me. I know now that the exact moment he slew Nagini with the sword of Griffindor, Neville outgrew our relationship.

I still remember the exact words that he said to me, "Luna, do me-you a favor and move on, because what we had can't be anymore. I'm sorry but that's how it is." I still sat and replayed those words in my head, did I do something wrong? Was I not pretty enough, smart enough, cool enough for him?

One reason I was going back was to prove to myself I could move on. But one part of me wanted to win him back. Well, if I wanted to do either, I needed to hurry or I would miss the train to school. I rushed through my routine and packed all my trunks, then levitated them down the stairs to my waiting father.

"Are you ready to go Luna darling?" My dad asked with his arm outstretched, I nodded and grasped his arm. He started to count "one...two...three!" And I was hit by the uneasy feeling of sidelong apparition.

Almost immediately my feet touched the pavement at Kings Cross station. I looked around and saw people I knew everywhere, I should have rushed over to greet them but instead I had to bite my lip and blink back tears. I wasn't even at school yet and the war had already been shoved in my face, especially when I started to pick out people who should be there but weren't... I still had nightmares about the half-formed smile on Fred's face when he died. The train whistle shouted bringing me back to reality, I realized I needed to say bye to my father.

When I turned to find my father and almost tripped over him, he was so close to me in that crowded train station. I put my arms around him and said a quick, heartfelt goodbye with promises to owl and I love you's. I turned around and rushed off toward the train to find a good seat.

On my way to my usual quiet spot I saw a large bulletin that said 'Privacy Lounge for war veterans'. I quickly ran my finger down the list to see if my name was on it and it was! 'Luna Lovegood compartment #127' I didn't even look to see who I would be sharing it with, I just starting walking briskly towards the train car where it was located. I pushed the door open to the car and knocked someone down on the other side. I opened the door a little farther and walked in. Well, actually I tripped over the persons sprawled out legs.

I tried to say and apology but it only came out as "I'm sorry I wasn't-...", because I cut off as soon as my eyes met those sliver-grey pools. I stared entranced for a moment, and before I could pull myself together Draco Malfoy stood over me with his hand out. I stared at it dumbly for a moment then I took it and he helped me up.

I started to apologize again but was cut off when he said in a kind voice "I'm sorry, Luna is it? I wasn't paying attention, my apologies." Before I could say anything he walked out of the now open door. I couldn't believe what had just happened to me. Draco Malfoy has just had a conversation, well kinda, with me, Looney Lovegood. His pools of silver-grey has even lost their spark of hatred for anything that wasn't pureblood.

Beside Malfoy's new attitude, he had a completely different look!. He had the most amazing eyes, a girl could get lost in them and I did. I guess they didn't change but he was more muscled and his white-blonde hair was messy not slicked back. Draco Malfoy had turned into a well... Hottie. Wait, what?!