part 31:

Ashleigh's p.o.v:

"I've had enough of this Josh! Your behaviour, your attitude! The promises you made me, saying how you are going to start behaving, you were lying! This is the 8th time you have been excluded this year!" Josh's mum bellowed at him.

"Mum, it isn't my fault!" Josh argued, running his hand through his hair, clearly he was getting frustrated. He told me not to tell him mum that it was me that came up with the idea of bunking off, because he didn't want me getting in to trouble. But being sat on the sofa, listening to Josh and his mum having a scraming match as soon as she comes home from work, I just want to tell the truth. 

"Whose fault is it then Josh?!" his mum ranted, this is the point where i want to stand up and admit that it's my fault. but i know Josh doesn't want me to.

"Look i know i shouldn't have bunked off, okay. I know i should be focusing on my education and i know that i promised you. But i am focusing on my school work, i have been studying loads!"

"Why don't i believe you Josh?" his mum questioned.

"It's true." I spoke out, looking up at his mum with a pleading look.

"What do you mean Ashleigh?" his mum asked confusedly, looking directly at me frowning.

"It's nothing." Josh butted in, just as i opened my mouth to speak.

"No, it's nothing, it's not Josh's fault, it's mine. I didn't want to go to school, i'm used to just staying at home and not going in when i don't want too. Josh wanted to make sure if i was okay so he stayed with me, it isn't his fault, it's mine." I explained, standing up and standing in-between the two of them, looking at his mum. She frowned, and then rubbed her arm looking at the floor.

 "Okay, i'm sorry for blaming you Josh, but why didn't you ask me to write you a note or ring up the school?" She tested us, looking between Josh and I.

"Because you're never around mum! You weren't there that morning, and we couldn't text you or ring you, because you never reply!" Josh shouted; hurt clearly glowing in his eyes. His mum didn't reply to this, but just walked out the house, just went, like she didn't have words to reply, or she couldn't reply to him.

Josh walked off in to the garden, slamming the door as he went, leaving me standing awkwardly in the middle of the living room, not knowing what to do, or where to go. Following Josh, i walk through the clean kitchen, and through the back door, walking on the gravel, in to the wooden shed at the back of the garden, where Josh is sat.

"I'm... sorry." I stutter, breaking the silence that lingered between us, as Josh is sat on the sofa, and i stood at the door, i'm not sure whether he knew i'm stood here or not.

"For what?" Josh questioned, scrunching his eyebrows up, looking at me.

"For causing the arguments." I answered, like it was the most obvious answer in the world.

"Come here." he requested, holding out his hand, i take it gladly, Josh pulls me on to his lap, then turning me around so i am facing him.

 "You didn't cause any arguments, okay?" Josh reassured me.

"But i did..."I corrected him. His eyes are so mesmerising, whenever i look in to them; they make me feel like i'm in a whole other world. The way they glisten in the light, the way they make me melt from the inside and out, the way they make my knees wobble. It's so hard to resist them, it's like once you look in to them, you're locked to them, and you just cannot look away.