part 17:

Ashleigh's p.o.v:

I don't know whether to believe that he is really sorry or not, like i say, sorry's are empty, no-one actually means it. But for some reason i feel like Josh does mean it, it feels like Josh was actually clueless about how he made me feel.

"I'll make sure you don't get anymore of this shit at school."  Josh said.

"I don't want your petty Josh."

"It's not petty, I just want you to know that i'm always going to be there for you."

"Thanks Josh." I said smiling at his remark.

"Don't mention it!" He replied.

With that, Josh got up off the sand, gave me his cute smile and then walked off.

*** Next Day ***

I arrived at school, later than usual. I walked in to the classroom and saw everyone already sat with their partners, I went to sit in my usual place, next to Josh. 

"Now i want you to work with the person sat next to you, and you need to list all the feelings and emotions someone would go through if they were being bullied, if they had problems at home, depression, anything like that." Mr Brian said at the top of his voice, making sure everyone heard. I have to work with Josh... Isn't it a bit ironic that the examples are the exact things that happen in my life?

"Ok, well you say, I write?" Josh said, freeing me from my thoughts, I looked at my side at Josh, he is biting his lips and his eyebrows are frowned.

 "Whatever." I said, a bit more rude than implied. Josh didn't reply, but took a pen from his blazers pocket and wrote our names at the top. Our names looked so cute together, Josh and Ashleigh. I looked at Josh, who was staring at me, waiting for me to start saying some words. 

"Err,..Uhm...Sad?" I said, making myself sound unsure, as if i don't feel any of these ways, like i never told Josh anything, and he didn't know. Josh raised his eyebrow at me, but wrote it down anyway. When he put his pen to the paper, there was already a word down, i couldn't read as his hand was in the way. When Josh finished writing, and pulled his hand away from the sheet pf white paper, i could see the word, 'Worthless', i don't know whether to be happy or sad that he put that down. Happy because he knew how i felt, or sad because that's an emotion i was forced to believe in. I know for a fact this is going to be awkward, even more awkward that the moments after we kissed. I don't want to say stuff and make it look like i actually all these things, even if i do or don't.

"Unsure?" I offered, Josh nodded and wrote it down. 

"Why are you acting like nothing happened?" Josh asked me, out of the blue.

"What... What do you mean?" I asked, trying to sound unsure of what he was implying, even though i knew exactly what he meant.

-BRINGGG- The school bell rang, thank God this lesson was over. I quickly grabbed my back and hurried along with Sarah out of this classroom.

When i got home i got a text from Josh, he wanted to meet me at the beach again.

 Josh's p.o.v:

It's now 05:50pm and i need to leave to meet Ashleigh, it's only a five minute walk to the beach, i pick up my phone and walk out the door, saying bye to mum as i leave. 

Once i get to the beach, i see Ashleigh who is sat right by the sea, looking out at the horizon. The suns setting and the sky is turning pink, the clouds starting to cover the suns perfect circle. The sea was calm and peaceful and the temperature wasn't hot, it wasn't cool either, it was just right. I walked over to Ashleigh and sat by her side.