part 27:

Josh’s p.o.v:

“People are starting to stare.” Ashleigh breathed, sounding a little self conscious of this,

“Let them.” I whispered, my lips hovering over hers, as i spoke.

“As much as i would like to continue, i think we are meant to be dancing...” Ashleigh whispered back, giggling slightly and her cheeks tinting red.

“Ok, for you” I replied, kissing Ashleigh’s cheeks and going back to how we were before, me hand locked at the bottom of her back, and Ashleigh’s resting around my neck. Looking over Ashleigh’s shoulder, JJ was stood, looking directly at me, evil hinting in his eyes, his ‘date’ by his side, drinking some punch, looking half drunk, her hair all over her face, her orange streaky foundation, her black eyes, red lips, blue dress, everything about her was a mess, and to think JJ said that this was the only ‘suitable’ person in the school; it make me laugh at his comment.

I started to hum along to the tune of the song, and then steadily singing along to it as Ashleigh did. Swaying across the sand as the sun set.

‘We’ll do it all, everything, on our own, we don’t need, anything or anyone. If lay here, if i just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world.’

We sang, in tune with the melody, slowly dancing, Ashleigh resting her face in to my chest as we sang, i held her tightly, making sure i will never let go, physically and mentally.

‘I don’t quite know, how to say, how i feel, those three words, are said too much, they’re not enough, if i lay here, if i just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world’

We continued to sing, Ashleigh digging her face further in to my chest as sand borrowed in between our feet, and the people around us danced in harmony.

‘Forget what we’re told, before we get too old, show me the garden that’s bursting in to life, lets waste time, chasing cars, around our head. I need your grace, to remind me, to find my own, if i lay here, if i just lay here, would you lie with me, and just forget the world?’

We carried on singing, Ashleigh’s eyes closed against my chest, JJ in the background sneering at me, and George with Chloe on my side, twirling gracefully yet peacefully across the sand.

‘Forget what we’re told, before we get too old, show me the garden that’s bursting in to life, all that i am, all that i ever was, is here in your perfect eyes, they’re all i can see. I don’t know where, confused about how as well, just know that these things will never change for us at all. If i lay here, if i just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?’

The song faded out, and everyone stopped dancing, everyone except and i, who still glided slowly around the sand. People started to stare, realising that we are still dancing, but i don’t care, and i want to be stuck in this moment forever, Ashleigh’s in my arms, knowing that she is mine, and she is happy, that is all that matters to me.

Her arms dropped from my neck, and she placed her lips on mine, pecking them lightly, and then guided me over to where everyone is standing. We joined the group which consisted of Jaymi, George, Sarah, Chloe, Ashleigh and I. JJ stood behind us with his slutty date, staring at me. Wrapping my arm around Ashleigh’s waist and pulling her in to me, i look round at JJ and smiled; he frowned and walked off, without his lovely, lovely date.

“What was all that about, aye?” Jaymi winked at me and asked staring at Ashleigh and I.

“Are you too dating yet?!” George exclaimed, staring at us sternly, Ashleigh nodded, looking up at me, causing me to smile at the ‘yes’ to George’s question.

“AWWWWWWWW!” The whole group cooed, Jaymi pinched my cheek and hugged Ashleigh, George grinned at me and then smiled at Ashleigh, Chloe and Sarah did the same.

Then all the boys walked off with their dates, and George walked to the bar with Chloe clinging on to his arm. Ashleigh snuggled in to my body more as they left, then turned and looked at me, her eyes still gleaming and sparkling, and a smile curled at her lips.

“Did i tell you that you look beautiful, like usual?” I complimented her, causing Ashleigh’s cheeks to turn pink. I smiled at this and then kissed her cheek, leading her back over to the dance floor, in to the crows, gripping her hand tightly. Making sure to never let go.

__________________________________________________

Hope you like this chapter, omg i just made a discovery, you know if you type 'Josh Cuthbert' in to the search bar on wattpad this fanfic is in the top 2 omg, you do not know how happy that makes me thank you so much for reading this fanfic, skabnojsos, bye, lmfao, i will update as soon as this part gets 130 reads :)xo