part 26:

Josh's p.o.v:

We walked back home in silence, not an awkward silence but just a silence, our hand knocked past each other once in a while. JJ asked Ashleigh to the dance and she said no, which means she might want to go with me? Doubt it, but i’m asking her anyway.

“So...” I said, breaking the silence.

“So...” Ashleigh repeated.

“Erm this dance thing tonight, do you.. do you want to go with... m-me?” I stuttered, looking ahead of me, hesitating at her reply.

“I’d love to...” Ashleigh replied. I stopped in my tracks, to turn and look at Ashleigh, a grin had been placed on her face, the ends reaching from ear to ear. Her gleaming white perfect teeth on show and her dimples at the side of her face on full view.

“Really?” I asked, as if she was joking or something. She nodded, i couldn’t do anything but smile. Goosebumps have taken over my body and my knees have locked in place. I leaned down and smacked my lips on Ashleigh’s, running my hand through her thick chocolate locks and my other hand placed firmly on her back. She placed her hands on my neck, running one of them through the bottom of my hair. Deepening the kiss, i couldn’t help but smile.

Tonight is going to be the night that i’m going to ask her.

As soon as we got home we started to get ourselves ready for the prom, We both had a shower and as i’m a boy i was first to get ready, i was wearing a black and white tuxedo, so smart. I went downstairs sat on the couch, waiting for Ashleigh to arrive.

1 hour later, i heard footsteps from the stairs, it was Ashleigh. I walked out the living room and walked towards the stairs, and there i saw the world’s most beautiful girl, Ashleigh. She was wearing a long white sparkly dress, it had a beautiful heart shaped bodice encrusted with jewels, and a gorgeous chiffon A-line skirt that finished the look, her hair was down and embraced her body perfectly. I just couldn’t take my eyes of her. (Dress is at the side of the page)

“So... how do i look?” Ashleigh asked me, a grin forming on her face.

“Beautiful, i just, there- i- you look perfect, honestly.” I replied and as i did i saw Ashleigh’s cheeks tinting pink, even through her make-up.

“Well you look very handsome by yourself.” She said as she fixed my bow tie.

“Thank you, shall we go?”

“Yeah.” She replied.

When we got there we talked to everyone and by everyone i meant Jaymi, George, Chloe, Taylor, Sarah and JJ, well neither of us talked to JJ or his... date. After a while we all went of with our dates and started to dance, i prepared myself to ask Ashleigh the most important question ever; i wanted to ask her if she’d be my girlfriend. I was panicking at what her reply would be, but i knew i had to ask her as i really wanted to be able to call her my girl.

We danced for 15 minutes or so, i wasn’t really looking at the time, but i knew it was time for me to ask Ashleigh because it was now or never, right? I took a deep breath and asked her...

“Hey, uhmm, Ashleigh...” I said.

“Yeah.” She replied, swaying from side to side, her hands around my neck, my hands were on her waist.

“Uhmm, I just... will you be my girlfriend?” I blurted out.

She didn’t say anything, nothing at all, she stopped dancing, and pulled away from me, why am i so stupid? Of course she doesn’t like you Josh. Her facial expression was un-readable; she just stared at me, but then smiled. She then kissed me, it was indescribable the feeling i get when her lips are attached to mine. The way her lips connected with mine, it feels so right, like Ashleigh is the only thing in my life that can bring this much happiness to my heart, and somehow, among all the dizziness and the clinging to her like a life line. Something inside me changed, like this was it, and it was meant to be, Ashleigh is meant to be in my arms, attached to my lips, she is meant to be mine. This new feeling could be dwelled upon later, because, for now, i was content to feel her breath come and go with mine. Clinging on to Ashleigh, like she was about to leave my life, i pulled her in close, like it was a matter of life and death if i let her go.

She pulled away, her lips still hovering over mine, tying to steady my breathing; i look straight in to her deep brown eyes. The way they gleam, the way they sparkle is so mesmerizing, so addicting to look in to.

“Is that a yes?” I asked, whispering, Ashleigh’s lips still hovering over mine as she smiled. She caused a pause, still smiling, getting my hopes up, i gripped on to her even more, not wanting to let go even if my life depended on it.

“Yes.” She nodded, smashing her lips straight back on to mine before i could take in her answer. Yes... she said yes, Ashleigh Smith, the girl i have crushed on for ages, the girl that could have JJ Hamblett, the girl who has chosen me, and likes me for me. Thinking of this, i felt a smile creep on my face as we continued to kiss, it becoming even more passionate. It’s safe to say, this kiss is better than our first, the way our lips moved in sync with each others, the way Ashleigh let me hold her tight, and she held me tightly back. The way she smiled in to the kiss back, the way this kiss was nothing to any previous moment in my life. And the way that Ashleigh is kissing me back, knowing she wants to kiss me, made this kiss ten times better.

________________________________________________

Hope you all like this chapter, sorry i haven't updated in a while, if you read the previous part you would know that i made a video for my fanfic, you can watch it if you go to the previos chapter and yeah, please vote :) 120 reads and i'll post the next part :)xoxo