The Away Team - Part 2

"Wait!" Mom says. "Ben was telling the truth. We're willing to give you the location of the sword, in exchange for the crystal weapon."

Snoke laughs out loud, his throat gurgling in a disgusting way. His laugh turns into a cough.

"Go," he commands Hux once he's done with his hacking. "Kill them all."

"No!" Rey says. "I'll join you. Anything you want. Just don't destroy the fleet."

A silence falls over the room. Is Rey trying to carry out our original plan of pretending to join Snoke?

"Belay that order," Snoke says to Hux. "For now. Disable the ships but don't destroy them."

Hux opens his mouth to say something but then shuts it again.

"Go on then," Snoke says.

Hux nods then leaves.

"You'll join me, will you?" Snoke smiles at Rey and my hand goes out in front of her.

"We'll give you the red light saber," I say. "The all-powerful sword. It's what you want isn't it?"

"Perhaps." Snoke curls his fingers at Rey. "But perhaps I want more. Come forward child."

Rey doesn't move.

Snoke tilts his chin down and glares at her with menace in his eyes. "I get you, in exchange for the safety of the fleet. Is that not the agreement?"

My heart races. I knew Snoke would twist everything around.

"The young man," Snoke continues. "The Stormtrooper that left us, to go find you. He's one of the pilots in the fleet, is he not?"

"He didn't leave the First Order to find Rey," I say, unable to help it. I'm letting him get under my skin.

"He was destined for her Kylo, not you," Snoke says. "To give her children. Twin boys if I'm not mistaken."

Rey gasps.

"That's not true," I yell.

"Quiet." Snoke locks me in a choke hold and Mom raises her hand.

I'm fine I tell her. Don't use your powers yet.

She lowers her hand. We agreed she wouldn't reveal her abilities to Snoke unless absolutely necessary.

"Now, as I was saying." Snoke turns his attention back to Rey. "Let me give you some fatherly advice, seeing that your own father is not around to give it to you."

Don't listen to him Rey  I say to her thoughts, but I can't tell if she hears me.

"Kylo Ren will soil your destiny, your heritage as a princess. You've already broken the Jedi code by this senseless attachment to him, and it will bring only pain and suffering upon both of you."

Rey raises her hand at Snoke and my Force hold releases.

Snoke smiles. "You're strong. Join me then, and I'll let the Stormtrooper live. And then maybe there can still a chance for you and him, and your future children. He would join with me in an instant, if you do."

"Never," Rey says in a low voice.

"As you wish. I'll have the fleet destroyed."

Rey is about to answer when I stop her.

"You're lying," I say, suddenly remembering Connor's conversation with Chewbacca after our debriefing yesterday. They were discussing how Chewbacca's team discovered that all the crystals in the crystal weapon had been used up to target Ahch-To. They couldn't have generated enough new synthetic crystals this fast for the weapon to be ready once again today. I can't be sure, but I call Snoke's bluff.