The Dark Side (Continued) - Part 3

I try to sit up, forgetting that I'm locked in.

Luke's not dead. My shoulders relax and I let out a breath, that I didn't even realize I was holding.

"Kylo?" I try to see where he is, how he's doing with all this, but he's behind me and I can't see him. "Can you please let me out?"

I hear BB-8 moving around but I can't see her either. Is she stuck in all those wires?

"The Jedi's are all dead," Kylo says. "All the elders that were strong with the Force."

"Not Luke-"

"Luke," Kylo yells. "Does he matter more than the others that died?" He steps in front of me, anger flashing in his eyes. My words catch in my throat and suddenly I can't breathe. My throat tightens painfully.

"You're hurting me..." I whisper, the sound barely audible.

Kylo releases his hold and blinks a couple of times. "Rey?" He takes another step back. "I'm a monster," he says so quietly that I hardly hear it.

"You're not a monster-"

"You told me that yourself."

"I... I didn't know you then."

"You don't know me now!" he yells. The tightness in my throat returns and my eyes burn. Only this time I fight back and Kylo loosens his Force hold, not bothering to continue the effort. "Just because you've seen my past, my mistakes, my pain, it doesn't mean you know me Rey. You think I'm good, somehow, but I'm not."

There's silence. Even BB-8 has stopped moving about in her jittery way. I want to check on her. She must be scared that we're fighting like this. The interrogation chair was obviously built to hold a Jedi, because I can't seem to 'Force' my way out of it. "Please let me out," I say to Kylo, giving up my struggle with the chair.

He ignores me and begins to pace. "I have to take you to Snoke."

I rest my head back down. "Yes. And we'll..." I stop. We'll what? Attack him with our light sabers? Somehow I doubt it will be that easy.

Kylo stops pacing, his back turned to me. "The Jedi believe that it is better to sacrifice one, for the good of the whole."

"What do you mean?" My heart begins to race and I swallow hard. "Kylo? You're scaring me. Please let me out?"

In one swift movement he's beside me. I try to pull back, but the arm clasps hold me in place.

"Convince me to let you out, Rey," he whispers.

"What?" I furrow my brows. His eyes are alive in a way I haven't seen before. Is it Snoke? Does he have some effect on him? I close my eyes, trying to focus on the Force.

"You want to let me out," I say, feeling stupid. But I really do want to get out of this blasted chair. Nothing happens. I open my eyes. Kylo has a slight grin on his face.

"You want to let me out of this chair," I say again, between clenched teeth.

His gaze travels over me. "You look good in black, Rey. It suits you."

I stiffen as he moves in closer. "Kylo, stop, please-"

He looks down at my lips.

I shake my head. "No, not like this... don't." I blink back tears. He's so close I feel his warmth at my side, but I pull back, turning my head to the side, away from him.

I've been here before, I remind myself. And I got out then. I can get out again somehow.

I close my eyes and concentrate. I just need to relax a moment, control my emotions. I focus in on Kylo's thoughts.

"Stop it!" he yells, backing away from me.

"You're not like this, this isn't you-" I yell back.

"This is me Rey!" Kylo's voice booms in the enclosed space and I cower in my chair. "You haven't seen the thousands I've killed, you haven't heard their cries for help, the fear in their eyes before they died. The mothers with their children-"

"Stop!" I cringe, blinking back tears. Hold it together Rey. Kylo needs you to hold it together.

"I'll tell you what I did see," I say calmly, "a man who comforted me when I was crying, was kind to me-"

"Why do you think I was nice to you?" Kylo growls, coming in close again, his eyes flashing. "So I could get what I wanted."

"You want to work with me, remember? And..." my voice shakes. Even I don't know what to think anymore. Why isn't he letting me out of the chair? Is he really planning to turn me over to Snoke? 

The only sound now is the ship's humming as it travels through space, travels towards Hux. Kylo hasn't changed course yet to take me to Snoke.

He reaches up and touches my hair. I pull back. "Please don't touch me," I say.

Suddenly BB-8 comes rolling fast towards Kylo's feet. She rams into his legs, her little body colliding with his large boot. It doesn't even make him flinch. She does it again, and again until Kylo finally shoves her hard across the room. She rolls uncontrollably, her little face scraping against the floor. She slams hard into the wall, tiny sparks of metal flying.

"Hey!" I shout and Kylo goes flying back through the air. He hits the door and becomes startled for a second, looking at me, then to BB-8.

"I'm sorry Rey," he says, coming over. "I'll let you out."

But before he can reach me the ship comes to an abrupt stop, causing him to fall forward.

"What happened?" I pull on the arm clasps, the skin at my wrists now red with a rash.

"Someone's locked a trackor beam onto the ship," Kylo says, pushing buttons on the control panel as he's reading the information. "It's Hux."

He glances over at me then runs out of the room.