The Storm, Part 1 - Shattered

"Kylo, stop!" My back hits the wall and I'm held in place, my feet off the ground.

Where's the light saber? Kylo's eyes bore into mine.

"You told me not to touch it," I say in a tight voice. "So I don't have it."

Kylo whips his hand and I go flying. This time I stop the impact using the Force and I spin around to face him.

"I know it's here," he says.

"I don't have it."

"Where is it?"

"I thought you were hurt." I back away as he approaches.

"That's what Snoke wanted you to think." Kylo pulls me forward again and this time his hand clasps around my throat. He's more powerful now. Or maybe I'm just more weak when around him.

"It would be better for you to die, than for Snoke to have you."

"Like your father did?" I regret the words the moment they come out of my mouth.

Kylo releases me, his eyes cold. I reach for my belt, but then remember that I no longer have a light saber. Kylo doesn't have one on him either.

It's just us He circles around me. You still have a chance to leave.

I hold my hands up, ready for a fight. I'm not leaving without you. I made a promise to myself, not to leave anyone behind.

No attachments, Rey. Kylo's cape moves about his feet as he circles, his eyes never leaving mine.

"It's still my choice." My throat burns, but I have to say this out loud. "It's my choice to love you."

Kylo stops. He closes his eyes for a moment then opens them again. "There's no such thing as love," he says softly. "Not for a Sith Lord."

"There can be-"

"It's too late for me," he yells. "Don't make it too late for you too."

I drop my arms. "If you're going to kill me then go ahead and do it already."

A look of confusion crosses Kylo's face.

"I'm here to kill Snoke," I continue. "So you can be free."

"It's not that simple. You underestimate Snoke's power."

"And you overestimate it," I say.

He bows his head, raising a black gloved hand to his face. "Why don't you just let me go," he says softly, leaning back against the wall. You can't save me. I'm not deserving... of you.

"I don't care if you are, or aren't." I move closer.

Kylo shakes his head slowly, his dark hair hanging into his eyes. He tries to hold back his thoughts from me but is having trouble. I see glimpses of sadness and it grips my heart. He's afraid that he'll lose me, the way he lost himself to Snoke. His guard is coming down fast now and his emotions seep through to me. I take another step forward and lift his chin so I can look into his eyes.

That won't happen, I insist. You won't lose me to Snoke. I won't give in to him.

Kylo's warm, familiar scent bring back memories of our time together on Yavin_4. I let him see those memories through my eyes. Him comforting me as I cry, leaving food for me for breakfast, cleaning the mud off BB-8. That's you... There is still light in you. I set my palm on his cheek and he flinches.

Then I see more... He's not just scared for my safety, but he's also terrified of my touch. His eyes flash as a memory passes between us, the kiss, in our dream together, a thought he's been blocking from his mind until this very moment. But my touch in real life is different to him, more dangerous. The emotions scare him.

I move closer.

"Rey... wait," Kylo whispers. "Don't..."

I pull him closer and rest my forehead against his. He's right, it is very different in real life, this closeness. His hands grasp my arms tight on either side of me, but he doesn't move away.

"Don't make me feel this way," he whispers.

I set my palms against his chest and feel his heart race. Then I close my eyes and focus on his mind. His whole life has been dedicated to his internal battle between Light and Dark. And in all that time he's never been in love.

Kylo tries to pull his thoughts away from me but I'm locked in now. He's never been close in this way to anyone before, never shared a real kiss. The thought of it scares him more than anything ever could.

Rey, don't. His grip on my arms tightens and his breath becomes unsteady. I slide my cheek against his, my heart racing too, then touch my lips to his cheek and move down, towards his lips.

Rey... wait....

I move closer and our lips brush. Kylo's breath catches. He lets go of my arms and slides his hands to my neck, then my cheeks, his fingers trembling.

"I can't..." he whispers against my lips.

I press our lips together and a desire ignites inside of him, like a tidal wave washing over me, crushing me, making my muscles go weak. He grabs my hair, pushing his lips harder to mine and forcing my mouth open. Our tongues touch. His ache is unbearable and he lets me feel it.

The lights overhead flicker, then pop, sparking like fireworks all around us. Our tongues circle and Kylo pushes harder, his body pressing into mine.

Glass rains down on us and Kylo breaks our kiss to cover me with his arm, pulling me into his chest as glass shatters all around us. It's the most magical sound I have ever heard.