"He Wants You."

Luke stares out over the dessert sands with a concerned expression on his face. I'm almost afraid to ask.

"What does he want with me?"

Luke's gaze turns back to me. "I think you know."

I swallow hard, images of our finger tips touching, the power surging, bombard my mind. I see Kylo's eyes searching mine, not intrusive, but inviting, calling to me to join with him, his thoughts almost joyful as though he's found a missing part of himself, so unlike the evil he portrays on the outside.

"No!" I cry out, feeling that pull to him. He can't be alive. I fall to my knees and cover my face with my hands.

"The force of the Light is stronger than that of the Dark Side, Rey. You won't fall to it. You're stronger than that," Luke says, squatting down beside me. "I can teach you the ways of the Force."

I hold back a gasp, the words pounding through my chest, "You need a teacher. I can show you the ways of the Force." They were Kylo Ren's words, spoken to me when we fought. Equally matched, he beckoned me and, although I've been denying it to myself, I faltered at his words then. I wanted to accept his invitation. My heart squeezes in my chest. They weren't angry words. He didn't threaten me. They were hopeful words. I hear them again, Kylo's voice, and I see his eyes which I can never seem to escape, both day and night. 

It isn't the Dark Side I fear I will fall to, as Luke thinks, it's Kylo's desire for me, to be one with him, in power, his yearning for me the moment he realized we are equals. All of this, unabashedly made plain in his words, which almost seemed vulnerable somehow. He didn't try to prove his strength over mine but rather he was impressed, and interested, in me. Somehow that honesty broke past my reservations and I saw him, not an evil dark lord, but just... him, lonely like me, strong but unsure... like me. If I ever see his eyes beckoning for me like that again, I may not be able to resist this time, not the call to the Dark Side but the call to be his, to be one with Kylo Ren.

"You're right." I drop my hands from my face, regaining my wits about me. "If Snoke knows where I am then Kylo Ren is on his way to get me." I can feel him drawing closer.

"He's gone Rogue," Luke says.

I stand up. "Rogue?"

Luke stands as well. "Yes. He isn't with the First Order anymore. He doesn't want to rule with them or work with Supreme Leader Snoke. He wants something that can make him even more powerful."

"I don't understand. What does he want?"

"He wants you."