Ahch-To, Part 9 - The Catacombs

These next three chapters (coming up in the next 5 - 10 minutes, I had to come to Star Bucks for faster internet) are dedicated to LexyTreece3 <3 who has been so patient waiting for the new chapters. You'll really want to read tomorrow's chapters for SURE Lexy!

---------------------

"Ouch!" Finn says as I trip over him in the corridor. He's sitting on the floor.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I was..." Finn gets up and brushes himself off. "I thought we were going to leave in the middle of the night, not so soon. The General just finished her tea not too long ago and went to bed."

"Then she'll be sound asleep for a few hours."

BB-8 beeps. "Finn was guarding you."

"Come on," I say softly. "Let's go, and no more talking. We need to be a little more quiet."

We hurry down the hall. BB-8 slides around on the marble floor as she tries to get some traction. I slow down to wait for her.

When we're finally outside on the landing platform, Finn takes us to where Poe's X-Wing fighter is. We climb in without a word, the fog muffling the sounds of the hatch opening and closing. Finn uses the magnetic pickup crane at the bottom of the plane to lift BB-8 in and seat her behind us, where the bombs and supplies usually go. I turn back to her and make sure she's secure.

"How far is it to the Temple?" I ask, buckling up.

"Not far." Finn runs a hand over his hair.

"Aren't you going to buckle in?" I ask.

"I'm not much of a pilot..."

I sigh and open the hatch again so we can exchange places.

"I mean," he continues. "I can fly, it's just the fog. It's like flying blind," he says.

"No problem," I say, putting on my helmet and starting the engine. "You okay BB-8?" I call over the sound. She sticks out her lighter thumbs up, smacking Finn in the back of the helmet.

"Hey!"

"Sorry," she beeps.

Poe's plane has sensitive controls and each movement is dramatic enough to make my stomach uneasy. There's zero visibility so I watch the monitors in front of me carefully.

"Which island?" I ask.

"Uh..." Finn messes around with the controls. My stomach is already in knots with concern for Kylo and Finn's uncertainty certainly doesn't help. "It's that one, there," he points outside.

I look out. There's a break in the fog and I see the island and the ruins below. I search for a place to land.

"I got us some great ear pieces for communicating," Finn says, reaching into his pocket. His elbow bumps my arm and the pane tilts.

"How about you show me after we land," I say into the helmet headset.

Finn nods and sits still.

"Can I communicate too?" BB-8 asks behind me.

"Of course," I say. "Right Finn? Can she tap into our comm frequencies?"

"Yeah, no problem."

I lower the plane onto a rocky surface and the bottom crunches to a halt. I cringe. Oops. I'll have to apologize to Poe next time I see him. If I ever see him again, that is.

"You ready?" I turn to Finn.

"As ready as I'll ever be to raid the catacombs of an ancient Jedi temple, where the Galaxy's most dangerous weapon is locked up."