Unrested and Unready

I'm not sure who breaks away first, Kylo or me, but the release is so abrupt, and I'm so exhausted, that this time I do collapse. Suddenly Kylo is in front of me, catching me from my fall and scooping me up into his arms. He carries me to his bed. 

It takes all of my effort just to keep my head from hanging to the side. Coming here by myself, unrested and unready, was a big mistake. No one knows where I am or how to find me. I've got nothing but this untrained, undisciplined power of the Force within me, which also needs my physical strength to fully work, something I'm lacking at the moment.

Kylo sets me down carefully onto the bed and only my glare protests his action, the rest of me is traitorously grateful to lay down onto something soft. At least he isn't reading my thoughts now. I feel stupid and vulnerable and that's the last thing I want him to know. The bed is warm beneath me and I just want to curl up and go to sleep.

What am I doing? I have to get up! 

What is he doing? He's watching me intently, and now I wish I had the strength to use the Force to read his mind. No, even if I did I can't use the Force just to satisfy a curiosity, it probably goes against some Jedi Code. If I'd studied and trained I would know.

I close my eyes so I don't have to see Kylo's gaze travel over me. But I can still feel it, even with my eyes closed.

I neither hot nor cold now, just sticky from the wet clothes. I almost drift off to sleep despite myself but then Kylo's touch pulls me awake. I look down to my hand, which is now in his. He's unwrapping the cloth bands around my arms, round and round, starting with my wrist. My hand looks so tiny in his. Panic rises up inside of me and suddenly I'm reminded of everything that's wrong in this Galaxy, Luke has been captured, I disobeyed General Leia's orders, I stole a fighter plane, I'm consorting with the enemy and.... Oh no! BB-8!

I sit up fast and my head gets dizzy so I fall back down almost immediately. If I'd drank anything I would have sworn I was drugged. But I didn't and that's part of the problem too. I'd forgotten how much energy the Force requires to use and to repel when someone as strong as Kylo Ren is using it on you. I'm completely drained. I also forgot about BB-8! She's going to freeze out there! All her little metal parts, the snow soaking through her... I try to sit up again but Kylo gently pushes me back down.

"I have to go," I say, giving him as stern of a look as I can manage.

"You need dry clothes," he replies without a hint of emotion. "I can't have a weak and sick partner helping me retrieve Luke Skywalker."

"What?" I try to make sense of his words but I'm too worried about BB-8 to think straight. All that heavy snow is going to get into her circuitry. She's my only link to the outside world, and she's quite honestly my best friend. But I don't want Kylo to know she's with me, and that she has a link to the outside world. If she thought I was in trouble could she go back to the ship and contacted someone somehow? Are her gadget arm extensions long enough to reach up into the ship to the pilot communication controls?

Kylo sets my bare arm down gently against the warm sheets and I stifle a sigh of relief. It's nice to finally have my arm bands off. He looks down at me. "I'll bring you some dry clothes."

I don't say anything as he goes behind a curtain to get the clothes. The second he's out of sight I get up, a little more carefully this time so I won't get a head rush. My tired muscles resist my movements, but I have to make a run for it. I get to my feet, but suddenly I can't move. Kylo's got me in a Force hold again from somewhere behind me but I can't turn around to look. 

I hear his footsteps approaching, then he sets down some folded clothes, all black on a small table in front of me. I need to get away from him. I need to get BB-8. She must be wondering if I'm okay. I doubt she could radio for help but she may have tried to follow me into the cave by this point, and possibly gotten stuck between all those tall pointy rocks.

I try to fight against the hold Kylo's got on me, but I can't. He's hardly even using any effort to keep here and it's almost embarrassing. He waves his hand, not even looking over, and has me laying down again in a quick movement. I don't land lightly. 

"Please," I say, clenching my jaw. "I have to go." I can't stop a wayward tear from falling down my cheek. I've come to far with BB-8 to lose her now.

"Why?" Kylo asks, looking over at me now. He comes to the bedside in one quick stride and sits down.

When I don't answer he reaches his hand up to my forehead and gathers the information he needs.

"The robot," he says, standing up. "I'll go get it while you change." 

And with that, he's gone.