All Co-ordinates Lead to Him

"Can I ask you a question?" I say to Luke, who is flying the large freighter ship. He nods to me and I climb into the co-pilot seat, happy to be leave the empty halls of the ship behind me.

Luke looks over at me. "You couldn't sleep?"

I shrug, not wanting to tell him that I've been trying everything not to sleep, so that I don't dream of Kylo Ren again. I don't even want to be alone with my thoughts anymore.

"Why bring such a large cargo ship onto Jakku to pick me up?" I say, changing the subject. "Wouldn't it just draw more attention?"

"Hidden in plain sight, as they say," Luke answers. I think about that for a moment. "This alien ship was already scheduled to do a cargo pick-up in Jakku, and these aliens aren't on good terms with the Resistance right now, so it would be an unlikely escape pod for you."

"So how did you get this ship then?" I ask, glad to be getting my mind off of Kylo Ren. Luke doesn't answer but seems distracted with his own thoughts. His eyes are glazed over and he looks tired.

"Do you want me to take over for you, so you can have a rest?" I offer.

Luke rubs his eyes with his hands. He spent no more than ten minutes on Jakku before he took off into space once again, and I imagine that he's been flying this ship straight from Anch-To for a quite a while before reaching Jakku.

"The system can pretty much auto pilot from here," he says, slowly getting up. "Just keep an eye out for unexpected astroids, or pirates."

I smile. "I'll do that."

I get into the pilot's chair and Luke makes his way to the back of the cockpit. "Find any food back there?" he asks.

"There are some basics in the Mess Hall, bread, cheese-" Suddenly something occurs to me. "Mr. Skywalker, have you seen BB-8?"

"That little robot? Probably recharging somewhere. And call me Luke."

I nod, but keep my eyes ahead. My hand tightens on the controls. "I thought she was up here with you this entire time."

"I'll find her." Luke's voice sounds distant now and soon he's gone.

My hand maneuvers the large ship to the right as I try to remember the last time I saw BB-8. She's always just right near my feet and I'm sure she came up onto the ship with us. Or did she? My brows furrow further. I reach over to the controls and recalculate the co-ordinates, punching them into the system. The ship rises then does a semi-circle. We're going straight up now, from our previous direction, although I suppose there is no real up or down in space.

When was the last time I saw BB-8? She made a comment about this ship's design, I'm sure of it. Were we on board at that time? My shoulders relax. She's got to be here somewhere.

A sudden thump brings my attention back to flying the ship. We've hit a meteor shower of sorts. There's another thump. I lean over to the co-pilot's side, trying to reach the shields button, but can't get to it.

"Are we being attacked?" Luke runs into the cockpit and jumps into the co-pilot seat.

"No, asteroids," I say.

Luke puts the shields up. "There shouldn't be any asteroids in this flight path-" He stops, looking at the co-ordinates on the console, then over at me. It takes me a second to realize that I've somehow completely changed our course. I don't even recall doing it, and the funny thing is that I haven't set the co-ordinates to take us back to Jakku, which would be an understandable subconscious thing for me to do, since I have those co-ordinates memorized.

"Where are you taking us?" Luke asks, a curious expression on his face.

"I..." I look at the numbers on the console. "I honestly don't know." I reach over to reset the numbers but then realize I don't actually know the proper co-ordinates to where we're supposed to be headed. I'm about to get up and let Luke take over when a powerful feeling grips me and I clench my teeth.

It's the Force.

I look to Luke, expecting to see him react as well, but he doesn't. It's unmistakable though, the same intense feeling I had when I was in Kylo Ren's interrogation room. I see him suddenly in my mind, removing his mask and looking at me. His words whisper in my ears, "don't be afraid, I feel it too."

I clasp my hand over my mouth. I feel it again, his presence, his connection with me like when we were reading each others' minds. He's close, I know he is. We're heading right for Kylo Ren.