Chapter 28 - Coffee with a twist

Melina POV

"Mike!!!" I wrap my hands tightly around him in a warm embrace.

"Hey Lina. Looks like someone missed me." He chuckles while pulling apart and guiding me inside a coffee shop.

I grin at him. "You know it! Not going to deny. So how's everything? Anything new? I feel like I haven't seen you in ages! You look good. Did you get a haircut? Hey is that a new-"

Mike's smile widens and he places his hand on my shoulder. "Lina why don't you try to breathe. One sentence at a time." He chuckles and orders our drinks.

I blush a little in embarrassment. "Sorry about that, got a little excited there."

I go and sit around a small table beside a window. The streets are busy from people running around in their summer clothes, I love the hectic life of the city even though I do also love the peace and quiet of the countryside.

"Here, you liked your coffee as marocchino right?" Mike comes to sit across me.

I smile. "Wow, you remembered. Thanks Mike. So what's new?"

He shakes his head a little in amusement. "Lina, we call or at least text everyday, I think you knew if there was anything going on."

"Okay true." I blush a little while taking a bite of a chocolate cookie Mike brought me. I close my eyes and a small moan escapes my mouth. Oh I can see the doors of heaven opening up and hearing hallelujah! This is sweeter than life! Chocolate should be forbidden, it's too delicious.

"How's the recording going with the guys?" Mike asks while taking a sip of his coffee.

"Great, they're writing new songs today. I can see they are getting tired, they have to work so hard but it's all gonna be worth it." I smile happily.

"Cool. So when are you recording your album?" Mike casually asks.

I choke on my coffee and start coughing. Mike gets up to pat me on my back, it takes a while for me to balance back. "Sorry about that. But me, recording an album? You kidding right?" I lift my brows at him.

Mike leans on the table and looks me in the eyes. "Melina, I saw you on stage with the guys. You were absolutely amazing, you are meant to perform." He says with a serious tone.

My eyes widen in shock. "You were there?? Why didn't you come and say hello? But thank you Mike, I actually loved it but I still don't see music as a career for me, I love what I do too much." I grin. How often people get to say they love their actual work and prefers that from anything else?

"That's a shame. The world will miss out on something great. But yea I didn't want to bother you and I was also kinda on a date." Mike fiddles with his cup nervously.

I blink couple times before a massive grin takes control of my face. "You were?? That's great!! Who's the lucky girl? You still seeing her? How many dates you've been on? Is she now your girl-"

Mike laughs and puts his hand on my mouth. "Lina, again, breathe. One question at a time."

I feel my cheeks heating up in embarrassment when Mike takes his hand off. "Sorry. So how did it go?"

He shrugs his shoulders. "Didn't work out."

My hands slump beside me in disappointment. "I'm sorry Mike, that sucks. Well I'm sure the right girl for you is just around the corner, I know it. You just haven't met her yet but you will." I smile at him and take his hand in mine. He immediately pulls it away as if I'm lethal and looks away in frustration.