Chapter 17 - Love, heroes and villains

Wake up wake up sleeping beauty, open your eyes, open your eyes.

I wake up to fingers caressing my cheek and soft singing reaching my ears. Smile is brought to my face when I realize it's Wes. Before I open my eyes, I stretch my body to its whole length but my movement is cut off in the middle of it, Wes has crashed his lips on mine.

When he pulls back I open my eyes to find him looking lustfully at me. "You look so hot when you are stretching like that."

I arch my eyebrow at him. "Morning to you too Wesley." I reply with a husky voice which I always have in the morning. His eyes darken and his lips find their way back on mine. He quickly moves me on top of him and deepens the kiss.

Half an hour later Wesley slumps next to me out of breath. "That's a way to start a day."

"The best way." I giggle and snuggle into his arms. God, it feels so good to be with Wes! I cannot feel happier at the moment.

Suddenly my eyes widen when I remember last night. Shit, shit, shit! He saw my panic attack! I really hope it won't make him like me less... It seemed like he kind of freaked out about it? I need to make him forget it.

"Eh... Wes... Ermm. I'm sorry about last night. I wasn't planning on you-"

Wes shuts me up with his lips. "Melina, it's okaaay. Stop apologizing. It's like once you said to me, I'm glad since now I can understand you better." He smiles warmly before it turns into a sad expression. "I'm so sorry for everything you've gone through, it's not fair."

I sneer. "Tell me about it. Story of my life."

He sighs a little. He leans to give me a lingering kiss. He moves back the hair which was covering my vision. "Melina. I want you to know I'll always be here for you." Wes says lovingly while staring deep into my eyes, all the way to my core.

My heart flutters and tears immediately prick in my eyes. He accepts me as I am, baggage or no baggage. A small tear escapes my eye.

"Hey, you okay??" He moves to have a better look at me while sounding extremely worried.

I smile warmly. "Yea. I'm just... I'm just happy. You are amazing Wes." 

His face softens. "No, you are amazing." He smiles and leans to kiss me lovingly.

When we break the kiss, we lie on our sides so that we are facing each other. Our eyes are locked and we just stare at each other. Wes' eyes are so deep and mesmerizing, they are hypnotizing me to forget the outside world. It's just us two here, sharing a moment.

After a while he lifts up his hand to caress my cheek with the back of his hand. "Melina?"

I smile a little while enjoying his warm touch. "Yea?"

"I think I.... I..." Wes is struggling with his words which makes me chuckle. "Just spit it out Stromberg. You think what?"

He suddenly looks terrified of what he is about to say and then I begin to freak out.

Is he breaking up with me?? I knew it!!! He cannot handle the mess I am! Oh I should have known it was too good to be true! I'm such a freaking idiot! I should've-

"No no! It's nothing bad. I swear!" He quickly shouts, he must have noticed my stricken face. I relax a little.

Wes runs his hand through his hair. He takes in a deep breath before locking his eyes with mine. "I just wanted to let you know that I-" He pauses once again and seems to hesitate. He sighs. "I need to go since I'm supposed to rehearse with the guys."