Chapter 4 - Stranger reveals himself

I'm wrapped in a towel since I've taken a shower to get ready for dinner with my family. A smile is plastered on my face when I twirl around the room singing along to songs on the radio. I really don’t see my life without music! I’m an alright singer and I can play some instruments but I don’t see it as a profession for me. Music is still big part of my life and it has gotten me through some hard times.

After a while I’m ready. I’m wearing a strapless knee high brown dress which is a summer dress but formal enough for tonight. I left my hair open and they have few curls on them.

I've always felt uncomfortable if I have a huge layer of make up but tonight I added a slightly more than I normally would but it's still not too heavy. My black envelope handbag matches nicely with my black high heels and my golden jewelry finishes the outfit. I stare at myself in the mirror. I can recognize myself but I’m still not use to the image, I'm kinda pretty nowadays.

Just when I check the time I get a text from my brother telling they are running a little late. I groan out loud. Great. And they say women are the ones who are always running late? Bollocks I say. I glance outside, sun is about to set in. I take a blanket and leave my handbag and heels inside to walk on the beach.

The air feels so fresh! I take a few deep breaths before sitting down on the sand. I have to keep my hands around my legs so my dress won’t go up in the wind. I place my chin on my knees and listen to the sound of waves.

After a while I turn my head to glance at the spot on the high ground. Cold shiver run down my spine. The guy from last night is there and he is staring directly at me! No that can't be, maybe he is watching someone else? I look around but there is no else here, so he is definitely looking at me! I don’t know should I wave at him?

Just when I’m pondering on this, the guy gets up and waves his hand. I give him a small wave back but quickly turn my gaze back to the ocean. My weak heart starts pounding on my chest. Oh my god. What do I do? What do I do?! It’s getting dark! What does he want?! Far as I know, he might be some sick psycho killer waiting for his next hopeless victim. Maybe he will hang me from a tree upside down and skin me like a pig??

I groan and drop my head on my knees. Melina. Stop being ridiculous. How likely is that? He's just probably someone who lives here, trying to be friendly. But I wonder why does he go to that spot? What is his story? I then get lost in my thoughts, coming up with different stories of that guy's background.

I almost jump out of my skin when I sense someone is standing next to me. Panic starts to take over and my muscles tense up, preparing them for whatever is about to happen.

“Hey stranger.” A guy says with a soft tone to his voice.

My first instinct is get up and run back to the house as quickly as possible or put my imaginary ninja skills on use and fight for my life if he is here to hurt me. But before I manage to do any of those something clicks in my head. I recognize that voice?

Hesitantly I turn my head to look up and my eyes widen. My ears heard correctly, it is Wes!  “What are YOU doing here?” I scream in surprise and out of fear for thinking something worst could have happen. But before he manages to say anything, the wheels start turning in my head combining the dots. “Wait, was it you who was sitting over there just now and yesterday?” I ask slightly confused while pointing at the high ground.

A lopsided smile creeps on his face and he nods. “I told you I felt like I recognized you from somewhere but it didn’t hit me until now when I saw you walking on the beach. After today I could spot that Finnish blond hair anywhere.” His melodic voice says in amusement.

I release a breath I was unaware of holding in while my body relaxes. I watch him smile warmly and I end up grinning after processing his words. “Well nice to know my hair is famous. You want to sit?” I point politely next to me.