Chapter 10 - Tripping

"Wes stop it!!" I scream and giggle while running.

"You can't run away forever!" I hear Wes' evil laughter from close behind. He is chasing me with a water gun which he won at some game. We've been at the fair for couple of hours and easy to say it has been a blast!

I go around a corner and my heart stops. SHIIIIT! An elderly couple is in front of me. I jump left and twist my body in the air in order not to hit them. I shut my eyes tightly and I squeal when I feel branches slight scratching my arms. Pain shoots in bottom when it comes in contact which the ground. I don't need to open my eyes to know I've fallen into a bush.

"Oh sweetie, are you okay there?" The old woman comes to stand in front of me.

I open my eyes and smile lightly. "Yea I am, thanks. I hope I didn't startle you when I came around the corner."

"Oh heavens no, we are use to kids running around here." She waves her hand dismissively and gives me a warm smile.

Wes suddenly comes around the corner. "Melina! Be ready to get wet-" He sees me in the bush and bursts into laughter but quickly sobers up when he notices the couple.

"I take this young lady belongs to you." The woman lips twitches with a glint in her eyes.

Wes immediately flushes. "Yea something like that."

"Well why don't you help her up and you sweetie, take care of yourself", she smiles at me and they walk away.

Wes pulls me up and removes some leaves from my hair. He has an extremely difficult time not to crack up. I have to give him points for his self-control.

"This is what happens when I'm around you." I slap his arm.

"You can't blame me! I didn't make you jump in a bush." He snickers, still clearly amused.

"Well if you weren't running after me trying to get me wet, it wouldn't have happened!" I try to glare at him.

Wes struggles to hold in the laughten while stroking my hair. "Oh poor little miss Finland, are you hurt?"

I huff at him. "Yes!"

"Where are you hurt?" He coos. I make sad face and point at my elbow.

"Wes will make it better", he takes my hand and kisses my elbow. "Better?"

I try to look up upset even though a smile is already creeping on my face. "Awww you are so cute Melina. Come on, let's try the Ferris wheel." He pecks my lips and puts his hand around my shoulder.

We get in the line and Wes wraps his hands around waist and turns me to face him. "So are you having a good time?"

His touch makes my stomach do backflips. I grin lovingly at him. "The best."

"Good. Sooo have I managed to change your mind that I'm the better half?" He tries to look for an answer from my features. 

I laugh. "You are so obsessed with this! Hmmm... Maaaaybe I'm starting to lean towards you." I lift my arms around his neck.

He furrows his eyebrows. "You are making this difficult. At least Keaton cannot do this with you.", and before I manage to reply, he has leaned down to kiss me. 

Holy mother of turtles! Every fiber in my body just burst into life. The feelings I get when he kisses me, it has to be hazardous to my health! We get lost in each other's mouths until we are interrupted by someone clearing his throat. The Ferris wheel guy who is clearly annoyed tells us it's our turn so we get in. I guess we are now one of those who are making out in public which irritates people.