Chapter 7 - New acquaintances

The wind is blowing hard from the sea and I have to hold tight to my snapback when I'm walking to Wes' barbecue. Half way there I stop abruptly.

Maybe this is not a good idea. Maybe I shouldn't go. I'm wearing baggy tomboy jeans, an orange wrestler top with a baggy printed t-shirt and camouflage/orange high top supras that really doesn't scream I'm dressed up for a party. What if Wes will be embarrassed of me?

Aw screw it, I'm going. These are my absolute favorite clothes and if Wes' friends don't like me the way I am then that's their problem, not mine.

I reach the house easily and when I'm on the patio I try to scan the crowd for Wes. A guy blocks my view, he has come to stand right in front of me. "Hey babe, you lost?" He smirks at me like I'm his prey, ready to eat.

I scrunch my eyebrows together in frustration when he steps closer and his gaze lingers on my body. What is it with the guys here in Cali? Haven't they heard of personal space? "No. I'm looking for Wes," and on that note I spot him coming outside. His face clearly lights up when he sees me, he quickly walks over and lifts me up in a big bear hug. "Hey stranger! You came!"

I giggle as he squeezes me like I'm his long lost puppy. "Well you know me, I cannot let my tour guy down." I grin happily already forgetting that there are people standing around us.

Wes laughs his infectious laughter while placing me down. "Come on, I want you to meet my boys." We walk inside and there's a well built guy with blond hair jamming on a guitar.

"Drew! Check this out. This is Melina, she's from Finland!" Wes announces proudly.

I hold out my hand and smile. "It is nice to meet you Drew." He gets up, shakes his head and pulls me into a hug instead. My hands remain awkwardly on my sides as I'm left frozen. He caught me by surprise and I don't even manage to react when he already pulls apart.

He has a warm smile on his face. "It's nice to meet you too. Wes here won't shut up about this Finnish girl he has met and he keeps telling me-" Wes quickly cuts off Drew by hitting him hard on his arm. Drew snickers, he must be happy for getting under Wes' skin.

I look at Wes a little amused while Drew rubs his now probably very sore arm. "Soo you won't shut up about me, aye?"

A small blush creeps on his face. "Well eh you know, I'm just doing my job properly since I'm the official tour guy you know!" He says with pride trying to hide his embarrassment caused by his friend. I chuckle lightly. "Sure thing Wes, sure thing."

"So tell me Drew, you into music?" I ask since he has a guitar by his side.

A huge smile lights up his face. "You know it! It's literally my passion. Writing songs and playing with my boys is almost a daily activity and I couldn't live without it. But if one day I manage to inspire even one person with my music, I've reached one of my goals in life."

"That sounds admirable. Could I hear you play?" I ask.

I have to say I'm quite impressed with Wes' friend. Rarely you come across with someone who says they want to make music to inspire, usually it's just for the money, fame etc.

"Yea for sure! But you know my boy here has the sickest voice so he has to join me!" Drew puts his arm on Wes' shoulder to direct him on the couch.

My brows shoot up in shock. "I didn't know you can sing Wes! Yeah would be awesome to hear that."

He chuckles lightly. "Yea music is a big deal for me too." I sit on a chair in front of them and Drew begins to play his guitar. They tell me they'll sing their song called Curious.