Chapter 21 - Foggy

Melina POV

Damn, where the hell am I? I cannot even see my hands! Typical of me, getting lost in the middle of nowhere. But why cannot I see anything? I'm so tired. I want to lie down. Maybe I can take a little nap and then I'll continue? Yeah that's a good idea.

Hey baby *kiss* how you feeling? It's really sunny today. Hospital food is crap. You would hate it. I brought your favorite snapback. *sigh* Melina you need to fight for me, don't let go. *Ring* Hey, Mom. No. Haven't woken up. No change. Yea okay. See you in a bit.

Wes? Is that you? WES! I try to look around but I cannot see anything in this damn fog. I should try to follow his voice.

Melina, I want you to meet my mom.

Hi Melina, I'm Laraine. I feel like I know you already. I'm sad this is how we meet. I couldn't come earlier. You are beautiful. Wes is always talking about you. Anyone who holds my son's heart, is a daughter to me. All the boys love and miss you. Try to get better.

No, doctor. It's been 72 hours. No change. Yes. I'll increase her dose. 

Hi lil sis, it's your brother. Stop joking around already and wake up. I cannot tease you if you're asleep. I met Wes. He is a great guy. You are never alone. Someone is always by your side. I can see all of your friends love you. Please wake up. I cannot lose you too. Wake up Melina *crying*

Mikko? Why are you crying? I'm here. Can't you hear me?

Hi sweety, it's Niina. The house is empty without you. Mikko is not doing well. Everyone is worried. Leo misses you. I met Wes. He is hot! The way he talks about. I think he loves you.

Heeey Melina, it's your super ally! Finally I'm alone with you. Melina, everyone misses you. Wes is a wreck. I need my ally! I got a girlfriend. You need to meet her!  I got her because of you! *chuckling, sniffs* Come back.

*guitar sounds* Wake up sleeping beauty. Open your eyes. You are all I want tonight. My world it turns to see your smile. You're giving me a reason *voice cracks* Please open your eyes. I love you.

Wes loves me? What? Did he actually say that? Argg, I need to get to him! Why cannot anyone hear me?? It feels like I've been walking in this horrible fog for days! Sometimes the voices are louder especially Wes' but most of the time I can barely hear them. I'm just so tired but I need to find Wes!

Melina? It's Drew. I don't know what to say. I never manage to find the right words. This is all my fault. I should've taken you to a hospital earlier. Please fight Melina. I need you *sobbing*

*kiss* Hi baby. I have food for you. You should wake up. Yammm chocolate. Smell this, it's your weird Finnish candy. No? I'll keep them for you. You should've saw Keaton yesterday. It was hilarious. He was running after Zuni and knocking everything down. Mom was pisseeed. *chuckling*

Mom likes you. She thinks you are gorgeous. I agree. She is worried about me. But how can I not be here?? Sometimes they drag me home so I sleep and eat plus your family wants to be alone with you too. But don't worry! You are never alone. I make sure of it.

How you feeling today? You look better. *sigh* I miss your laughter. Your smile. Just open your eyes. I love you *kiss*

Wes I'm here! I love you too! Where the hell is the way out?! I have to find him!

Babe, we have a gig today. Remember? *sigh* Mom will stay with you. I'll see you soon *kiss*

It's Laraine. I know this is selfish to ask. Wake up for Wes?  He's never been this broken. He barely sleeps or eats. Drew and Keaton are also devastated. The boys really care for you. You've made quite an impact on them. You are already part of our family.