Chapter 15 - New bonds

Wes and I've been inseparable for days. I felt bad that he's been ignoring all his friends so now we are at the Stromberg's garage since they are going to have a band practise.  “Soo Keats, what are you doing tomorrow?” I smile at Keaton, hoping he would be free.

He ponders for a second. “Well let’s see, wake up, eat, play Call of duty, nap, eat, play a little more.”

"Of course, a busy day to be Keaton." I chuckle and turn to Wes. “And what about you?"

He furrows his eyebrows trying to figure out what I'm up to. “Nothing… Why?”

“Perfect! Tomorrow prepare to have lunch at my brother’s house. I will make you try some of our typical Finnish foods.”  Huge grins are immediately formed on their faces, “Sweet as!”

Drew finally arrives, late as always. “Sup’ bros”, he says when he enters the garage but when he spots me, he is clearly surprised. I haven't seen him since the Wes and Brianna incident but I wave my hand excitedly. “Hey Drew!”

He smiles and comes to give me a hug. “Didn’t think you’d be here but it’s a pleasant surprise!”

I return his smile. “Well my tour guy is here so gotta follow him.”

"So everything cool with you and Wes?", he lowers his voice and he has a protective tone to it.

Woah I really seem to bring out some protective instincts in people.

"Yea all good, well great actually. Seems we are together now." I smile brightly.

"Ah cool." He replies quietly.

Drew walks over to his guitar, I follow him.  "So tell me have you managed to change anyone's life today?"

"Today is not over yet." He winks at me.

"Ah. Where have you been by the way? Haven't seen you for a while."

"I was hiking for few days, there's something about when you walk in an untouched forest and you cannot hear any sound except the nature. You just feel more peace with yourself and the universe."

My eyes sparkle. "I know what you mean! Nature is one of the most important things to me and nothing makes me feel more satisfied to my core than connecting with it." Drew nods to agree.

We then get completely lost in our conversation since we are in our own little bubble. I'm fascinated with every word that comes out from his mouth. We are laughing until I flinch when an arm is placed on my shoulder. “What you guys talking about?”

I snap out from our conversation and notice its Wes. “Eh… Well honestly, everything”, I reply making Drew and I burst into laughter.

Wes furrows his eyebrows. “We should get on with the practice Drew.” Wes comments with a tense voice and walks away.

“Okaaay?” I cock my eyebrow to Drew, asking if he knows what that was about. Drew shrugs his shoulders so I decide to do the same.

When the guys are playing, I find out that they are a-aaamazing! I end up singing along with them when they are singing a song called Sunset Boulevard, it is so catchy!

After they have finished playing Tequila sunrise, I stand up. “Guys you sound incredible! I’m sure the gig will be awesome!” They all grin at my comment. “But I have to go now before my brother starts calling after me. You'd think that at 22 people wouldn't stop worrying about me but no, they are as protective of me as ever.” I chuckle.

Before I go, I walk to Drew. “Hey are you busy tomorrow for lunch?”

He is slightly stunned by my question. “No..?”