Chapter 18 - Lost

I've been walking on an empty road in the middle of nowhere for hours. I haven't got a clue where I am and obviously the idiot that I am, I left my phone at home before we went to the beach. At least I've calmed down from all the walking and listening to the silence surrounding me.

It was stupid to run away, I should've stayed and talked with Wes. What he did was uncalled for but it wasn't right from me to leave like that either and not giving him a chance to reply.

I spot a path next to the road which leads into a forest, it looks like it is a hikers route. Maybe I'll run into someone who could help me? Well if I don't, at least nature will make me feel good, it always does.

After walking for ages in the forest, I hear footsteps. I breathe in relief, finally! When I go around the corner, I find a guy around my age standing there. He's first shocked of my sudden appearance but he quickly smiles at me. "Hey, what's ya doing here alone?"

I smile back at him. "I'm sooo glad I ran into someone! I kinda got lost. Do you think I could borrow your phone to call my friend or something?"

"There's no reception on this hill but if you want you can come with me. The place where I've parked my car has a spot where you can try calling. I can also give you a ride if you want."

"Oh that would be great!" I breathe out happily. I feel my body relaxing, I already started to get slightly worried since I must have been walking in the forest for an hour and there hasn't been anyone. What if I hadn't found this guy? I shudder, I don't want to even think about it. The guy walks in the direction from he was coming and I gladly follow. We start having small talk until something interrupts us.

Ring, ring.

The guy is ringing. How is he ringing? He takes out his phone and shuts it off. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, I'm left a little baffled. "I thought there wasn't any reception?"

A devilish smirk covers his features. "For you there isn't."

My eyes widen and my heart starts beating painfully fast. Tell me he is a good guy, right? RIGHT? He moves in front of me and runs his hand down my arm. "Why don't we have some fun?"

I angrily jerk his hand off me. "Don't touch me." I hiss and quickly start walking away from him. After couple steps he grabs me harshly from behind. "You are not leaving." He says dangerously and starts kissing my neck which makes me shriek. His touch makes me sick to my stomach. "Stop it!! Leave me alone!" I stomp on his toes, hopefully breaking them in the process. He automatically lets go of me and I take off as fast as I can.

My heart jumps in my throat and I scream when I'm grabbed violently. "You bitch!" The guy turns me around and his eyes are fuming with rage. This time he doesn't hesitate hitting me. A loud smack echoes in the forest from the hard impact of his fist with my face. I can feel my lip split and warm blood runs down my chin as I fall to to the ground. "Do that again and I will kill you!" His venomous voice is filled with fury.

I don't even have time to gather my thoughts when he already kicks me on my side one time, two times, three times making me moan out of the searing pain. He kicks me one more time but this time there's a loud crack. He broke a rib. I cry out from the excruciating pain.

"Not a sound or you're dead." He hisses at me while his hand is strangling me. I nod my head as tears start to roll down. I cannot help but to cough when he releases my throat.

"Now let's make this fun." He smirks cruelly and rips my shirt open. I try to fight his hands off me but he lifts my hands above my head and bunches me in the stomach. "Don't even think about it! Stay still and this will be all over soon. Well after I've had my... fun." He laughs evilly but keeps one hand on my throat ready to strangle if I try anything.