Chapter 5 - Having a friend

I moan loudly when I wake up to the sunlight hitting my face. My brother needs to buy some better curtains! I feel way too tired to get up. I cover my face with a pillow to block out the sun. After couple minutes I groan in frustration since there's no use, I'm awake. Once again.

When I enter the house no one is there, its deadly quiet. I make myself some breakfast and decide to eat outside around the pool. I slump on a sun bed and I immediately feel happier when I breathe in the fresh air while the sunlight warming up my skin. Some birds are chirping in a tree nearby, bringing a piece of nature to me.

I've been lying in the sun for quite a while when I lazily glance at my phone. My eyes snap wide open and my stomach drops. Shit, shit shiiiiit! It's almost 10 and I was supposed to meet Wes at 10! I quickly rush to the pool house. I barely manage from not tripping on my own feet when I put on ripped denim shorts and a printed baggy t-shirt at the same time. My hair is a bit of a mess so I just put it on a messy bun. I take my aviator sunglasses and my cheetah patterned high top supra shoes and run out of the door with my skate.

It takes me only few minutes to get to our meeting point but I don't see Wes anywhere. Phew. He must be late too. I pick up my skate and walk down the pier. There's some girls looking at me from head to toe, they're wearing some super tight and short dresses revealing way too much. I'm sure they are giggling at me but I don't care. I go all the way to the end and sit down on the edge.

After few minutes I close my eyes and focus on the waves crashing underneath me. That sound soothes me and makes me forget my surroundings. I'm completely lost in my own world until I almost jump of the pier when I feel hands on my shoulder. "Jesus Christ!!" I scream as my heart jumps up my throat.

I hear familiar chuckles behind me and I turn to find Wes smiling at me. "Oh did I interrupt your meditation session or something?" He leans down to give me a quick hug.

"Yeah something like that, I might have kinda zoned out." I chuckle when he sits next to me.

"What the hell???!!" A girl shrieks behind us so I instantly turn to see what the commotion is. I try hold in the snicker when I realize it's the same girls I walked pass earlier and especially one seems to be fuming for the fact that Wes joined me. She looks like she is ready to rip both of our heads off.

"Seems you pissed off your girl." I laugh at that silly behavior, never understood the drama girls manage to cause from nothing.

Wes shakes his head. "She definitely ain’t my girl. Something happened once but that's long over. I actually never even liked her. Her voice is like dragging nails down a chalkboard." He shudders. When he turns to me, a smirk creeps on his face. "You know you have to get use to the jealous looks. I have to warn you since I'm the hottest and biggest thing around here and everyone want a piece of Wes." He smiles smugly.

I burst into laughter. "Suuure you are Wessss! I think the biggest thing around here is your ego and I barely fit sitting next to it." I push him a little to have space between us.

Wes tries to look offended. "My ego is very down to earth just so you know." He tries to look innocent but ends up adding a wink.

I cannot help but to roll my eyes. "I can see. I'm sure you are more than happy talking about you and your hotness level but I came here for some sightseeing so what are we doing today?" I ask.

He stares at me for a while with a smirk plastered on his face. I'm about to ask what is he up to because I can see the mischief glistening in his eyes but Wes beats me to it. "So you think I'm hot?"

My eyes widen and my cheeks flames up. "No! I-I didn't say that."

He grins knowingly. "Sure sounded like it." I plan to protests but he cuts me off before I manage. "Anyways, I was planning to show you a few places I absolutely love. So come on let's go!" He gets up.