Chapter 35

After we left the funeral home we picked up Luna and headed home.
"I'm gonna go feed Luna and then put her down for her nap." I said as we walked through the door.
"Do you want me to help?" Jai asked.
"No, I got it." I replied. I walked up the stairs and into my bedroom.
"Shit." I whispered. I had forgotten to warm a bottle up.
"Hey, can I come in." A voice said from the other side of the door.
"Yeah." Luke peaked his head around from the door.
"I thought you might need this." He said as he handed me a warm baby bottle.
"Thanks." I said, taking it from him then sitting back down on the bed.
"Can I try?" He asked in a low voice.
"Sure." I said. He came and sat next to me. I handed him Luna and then the bottle.
"So just hold her head like that and then do the bottle like that. Yeah you got it." I instructed.
"I know all of this is very hard for you right now." I said after a moment of silence.
"And you know you can talk about it if you want." I continued.
"I'm fine really I am. Beau will wake up in a little while and we'll tell him about Matthew. But after he gets over his sad stage everything will be back to normal. Well as close to normal is around here." He said, not taking his eyes off Luna.
"Yeah I hope so." I said. A few minutes later Luna finished her bottle.
"So do you wanna burp her or do you want me to?" I asked.
"I got it." Luke said. He placed her on his shoulder and patted her back gently.
"You're so good with her. Jai will barely even look at her since we got home." I said.
"But he offered to help down stairs."
"He'd warm the bottle and then leave to do something else. I'm the only one that changes her during the night which is fine, but it'd be nice for him to help."
Do you want me to talk to him?" He asked.
"No, I'll talk to him tonight." I said.
"Well ok. I'll let you put her down for her nap. They're probably wondering where I am." He said as he handed me Luna.
"Thank you." I said before he walked on the door.