Chapter 29

I woke up with my head pounding. I put my hand over my stomach to feel to baby bump, I started to panic. I tried getting out of the hospital bed I was laying in to find Jai and my baby, but was stopped by a nurse.
"Sweetie, calm down." She said. I sat back down, seeing that there was IVs in my arm and hand.
"I can't, where's my baby? Where's Jai?" I asked with tears streaming down my face.
"Let me get the doctor." She said, softly. I tried calming myself down, but the more I thought about it the more worried I became. I saw the doctor come in with two other nurses. His head hung low and he had a sad look on his face when he looked at me.
"My baby, where's my baby?" I asked, frantically.
"One of your babies is fine." He said.
"One of? I was only expecting one." I said.
"I know, there was another baby behind the one you were expecting. The baby didn't get as much nutrition as the other one and most of his organs wasn't developed yet. When you were thrown from the car he wasn't strong enough to fight it unlike your other baby." He explained with tears rolling down his cheeks.
"He? It was a boy?" I broke down in tears.
"Yes ma'am" he replied.
"Where's my other baby? And Jai?"
"Your baby is in the nursery and the father is in his own room."
"When can I see my baby and Jai?"
"You may see your baby when you rest and when she's rested as well. Jai can come see you, he's not hurt as bad as you." The doctor said.
"Does he know?"
"No, we thought you might want to tell him." He explained,
I nodded.
"It's better that way, thank you. Can you send him in?" I asked.
"Yes, we'll be back in a minute." A nurse said. They all walked out at the same time. I tried wiping the tears away as they hit my cheeks, but it was no use there was too many. I saw the door open and Jai with a nurse walk in slowly. As soon as he saw that I was crying he tried racing over, but the nurse stopped him.
"Let me go!" He yelled.
"Jai, she's trying to help." I said.
"Yeah, and I'm trying to see what's wrong with my baby girl." He said as he sat down in a chair that was facing my hospital bed.
"I'll give you some privacy." The nurse said, she walked out, shutting the door behind her. Jai grabbed my hand into his.
"Why are you crying? Where's the baby? These mother fuckers won't tell me anything." He said with anger.
"I have some good and bad news." I said, looking down. He took his other hand and lifted my head up.
"What is it, baby girl? Is our baby ok?"
"The one we were expecting is fine." I said with a small smile, but causing even more tears.
"What do you mean?" He asked with a worried look on his face. I explained it just like the doctor had explained it to me.
"We had a boy?" He asked. I could see the tears welling up in his eyes.
"Yes." He broke down crying, he laid his head in my lap. I stroked his hair as I cried along with him.