Chapter 9

"Hey, we can get through this." Jai said lifting my head up with his hand. I nodded as a tear fell from my cheek. He whipped it away and then kissed me. After he pulled away we got out of the car. He walked into the house first with me close behind.
"What's going on?" He asked.
"We're taking (Name) home." My mother said.
"No!" I yelled.
"Look Mr. and Mrs. (Last name), (name) likes it here, she feels safe and she loves being here with Jai so he can see every moment of this pregnancy." Gina said.
"No, she's coming with us." My father said.
"Why are you doing this?" I asked
"We're doing this because you're our daughter and we want that rat you call our grandchild out of you." My mother explained. I took the pictures out of Jai's hand and stuck the, in my mother's face.
"This is what your calling a piece of trash and a rat!" I yelled.
"Get that out of my face!" She yelled back.
"I don't care what you say about my baby, I'm keeping it because I love it more than I love anything else in this world. If I'm your daughter then why are you going to make me get rid of the thing I love most?" I asked crying harder than before.
"I see well we'll leave you alone if that's what you really want." My father asked.
"Yes, that's what I really want." I said. They went out the door first, followed by the police man that I didn't even see. "They're gone." I said falling into Jai's arms.
"Let's see those pictures." Gina said laughing. I handed them to her.
"Oh she's so precious." She said.
"How do you know it's a girl?" I asked.
"Mothers sense." She said laughing.