Chapter 30

Happy New Year!
"Jai?" I asked. He'd been laying on my lap for the last hour, not letting his head up.
"Yes" he said.
"Come lay up in the bed with me." He lifted his head up, his eyes were red and puffy from crying. He nodded, as he climbed up in the bed. He laid his head on my shoulder. I laid my head on his. I heard the door open up, so I lifted it off Jai who hadn't moved.
"Sir, you need to go to your own room now." The nurse said.
"I just found out that my baby died and you want me to be alone in a hospital room!" He yelled, almost getting up off the bed.
"Jai, she's just doing her job." I said, as I put a hand on his shoulder.
"Can he stay with me for tonight?" I asked.
"Yes, that's fine." She said.
"Before you leave can you tell me about the other guys that were in the car with us?" I asked.
"They're all fine except one. He's in a coma."
"Which one?" Jai quickly asked.
"Beau Brooks." She said.
"Will he be ok?" Jai asked with fear in his voice.
"We expect him to wake up in a few days, but that could change." With those words Jai became silent. I could see the tears coming back in his eyes when he laid back on my shoulder. I put my hand on his head to comfort him.
"If anything changes can you come and tell us?" I asked.
"Of course." She said then left.
"Jai, Beau can make it through this, he's a tough cookie, and you can't be so hard on the people that work here, they're just doing their job." I said.
"I know he can and I can't help it." He said.
"When are we going to tell the others?" He asked.
"Tomorrow, for now you need to rest." I said.
"You need to rest too." He said.
"I'm not sure if I can sleep."
"Well at least try."

-----

It's been two hours and I still have yet to sleep. I really don't know how Jai can sleep, but I guess that's a good thing, he needs his rest. I turned my head over to the clock on the side table, 1:52 am. I remember the doctor saying my baby was in the nursery and that'd I have to wait until tomorrow to see her. Well it's tomorrow, so I'm going to see her.

I crept put of the bed, laying Jai's head on the pillow. I grabbed my IV drip and headed out the door. I turned my head both ways to see if there were any nurses. As soon as I saw it was clear I bolted for the nursery. I turned some corners and here came the hard part, the nurses station. I decided that I'd just run for it, Hell they're all fat asses anyway,(No offense to nurses, they're great people.👍🏼)but before I could someone's beeper went off. A nurse walked down the hall to the persons room and suddenly screamed.
"Help! Code black!" All the nurses went running down the hallway.
'This couldn't have gone any smoother.' I thought to myself.
I walked right pass the nurses station, down another hallway and turned a corner. I noticed someone standing at the nursery window, once I got closer I saw who it was.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"I could ask you the same question." My mother said.
"I asked first." I said, sternly.
"I wanted to see your baby and see how you were doing. I came as soon as I heard." She said, as she put her head down.
"You don't deserve to see either of us."
"I know, I'm so sorry," she looked up with tears in her eyes.
"I made a mistake." She added.
"Why are you crying?"
"Because I've lost my baby." She said while reaching out a hand to my face. I smacked it away.
"You didn't lose me, you threw me away."
"I was just angry."
"It took you 8 months to get over your mad spell? You lost all of my pregnancy, you never dared to come by and see me, or for that matter call. So don't stand there and cry when I've had nights that I couldn't stop crying over you and my father. Knowing that your parents told you to abort your baby and if you don't then you're not their daughter any more takes a toll on you. I don't ever want to see you or my poor excuse of a father again."
"Fine, I understand." She said and walked away.
"Y/N" I heard someone say. I turned to see Jai walking towards me.
"What was she wanting?" Jai asked as he wrapped his arm around my waist.
"Nothing, it's no big deal."
"You should be in bed." I added.
"Look whose talking."
"I couldn't sleep and I wanted to see our baby."
"Which one is she?"
"The one over to the right, her bed says 'Brooks' on it." I said pointing at her.
"Wow, she's beautiful." He said with amazement in his voice.
"I know."
"We can make damn good looking babies." He smirked.
"God, Jai I just had two babies can we wait?" I asked, laughing, but that only reminded me of our lost baby, causing tears to fall.
"Why are you crying?" He asked while whipping away a tear on my cheek.
"I was just thinking of our baby boy, how handsome he would've been, but now he's gone. That's all you wanted was a boy and I failed you. I'm so sorry, Jai." I said, crying even harder than before. I fell to the ground at Jai's feet. He slowly picked me back up and held me in his arms as I cried.
"You can't blame yourself for what happened. Our baby boy is in a better place." I nodded.
"Now let's go back to our room before we get in trouble." He said, I nodded while putting my hand on the glass.
"You'll get to meet us real soon my baby girl." I whisper.