Chapter 13

It's been a month since I've been in the hospital. Everything is going good. We arranged were I can do my school work at home, and Jai and I are in a good place.
"Are you ready?" Jai yelled from downstairs.
"Yeah." I yelled back before slipping on my converse. Today was the day we found out if we're having a baby boy or baby girl. I ran down the stairs to see Jai, Luke and Gina talking.
"Please let it be a boy." Luke said with his fingers crossed.
"It's going to be a girl. I just know it." Gina said while rubbing my stomach.
"Well I don't care what gender it is, I'll love him or her all the same." Jai said.
"Shut it, you know you want a boy." I said laughing
"You know me too well darling." He said laughing.
"You're gonna be late if you don't go now."Gina said
Jai and I nodded as we went out the door. When we arrived Jai let me go sit down as he told the lady at the desk we were here.
"I'm excited." Jai said well putting my hand in his.
"We'll have to start thinking of names." I said
"I know, I've already been thinking."
"Oh really? Hit with one."
"Well if it's a boy then Gabriel, and if it's a girl then Molly."
"I like the boys name but not the girls."
"Oh yeah, do you have any names?"
"Nope. I'll know their name when I hold them."
"Ms.(Last name)" the nurse called. Me and Jai stood up and followed the nurse to a room.
"I'm Jackie, your nurse for the day" she said
"We don't have to see the doctor?" Jai asked
"No were just going to tell the gender." She explained,
"You must be very excited."
"Very." I said
"I'll need you to raise your shirt up sweetie." I did so then grabbed Jai's hand to prepare for the coldness of the gel. She spread the gel around and then put the wand looking thing on my stomach.
"Ok so right there is your baby's head." She said while pointing at the screen.
"What's the gender?" Jai asked.
"Jai sweetie calm down." I said
"It's a girl!" She said.
"Oh I'm so happy!" I said, sitting up to hug Jai.
"I am too." He said
"So 2 copies?" Jackie asked. We both nodded. She pushed some buttons then went to go get the copies.
"Can you hand me a paper towel?" I asked. He nodded and walked over to the wall to get a paper towel.
"Thanks." I said as he handed it to me.
"I know you wanted a boy, I'm sorry." I said while rubbing the gel off my stomach.
"It's ok, I'll love her just as much as I love you." He said before kissing me on the forehead.
Jackie came back and handed us the copies. She told us what date we needed to come back and then we left.
"How are we going to tell your family?" I asked.
"Let's get a baby gift bag and then an outfit for a baby girl. We'll put the outfit in the bag and then give it to them." He suggested.
"That's a great idea."
"Off to Walmart then." He said laughing.