Chapter 32

"Well you know we have to have a funeral for your baby boy." Gina said.
"I know." Jai said sadly.
"We'll plan it while we're still in the hospital, so when we get out we can go ahead and be done with it." I said.
"Only close family and friends." Jai said.
"I agree." Luke said.
"Jai, can you design a tombstone for him?" I asked.
"Of course, he deserves the best." Jai said.
"Speaking of the best." Gina said as the nurse walked through the door with our baby.
"She's so precious." Luke said.
"Well the mother gets to hold her first." The nurse said while handing her to me. I took her body into one hand and held her head with my other. I stared into her bright blue eyes.
"So, what's her name going to be?" Jai asked, snapping me back into reality.
"Luna Mae-Sage Brooks." I said with a smile.
"That is the prettiest name I've heard." Gina said.
"I'm glad you picked her name." Jai said.
"Well you name our baby boy." I said.
"I don't know..." Jai trailed off.
"That was the deal, Jai." I snapped.
"I know it was." He replied.
"Okay then, name him." I said.
"No rush though." I added.
"So can I hold her?" He asked.
"Yes, of course." I said as I handed her to him. He gazed into her eyes for what seemed to be forever.
"Jai, let me see her." Gina said after a little while.
"I have to give her up already?" He said with a sad look.
"Yes, she needs to see her Nana." She said as she took her from Jai. Gina held her until the nurse came back with the papers from her birth certificate.
"What's her name going to be?" She asked with a pen in one hand and a clipboard in the other.
"Luna Mae-Sage Brooks" I replied.
"Mother's age?"
"17"
"Father's age?"
"18"
"Ok that's it, the rest can be filled out by the computer. And Luna has to get some sleep as do her parents do too." She said with a smile. Gina handed her over to the nurse.
"Visiting hours are over in 5 minutes." The nurse said before she walked out.
"Ok well, Luke, we have to see Beau before times up." Gina said. He nodded as he got up and pulled Jai into a hug.
"Love you bro." He said.
"Love you too." Jai replied as Luke let him go.
"Bye sweetie." Gina said.
"Bye." We both said before they walked out the door.