Chapter 26

Subaru POV~

He's gay???

"Hey! Why would you tell him that?!" Julian's whine broke me out of my trance, "And I was working so hard to hide it..."

"He would have found out anyway when we go to the beach and everyone is in their swimsuits..." Jade mutters removing her glasses.

"Wait, wait, wait, so you're gay?" I repeat, my head hasn't fully grasped the fact. With out realizing it, I had already taken a few steps back.

Receiving a cold glare, Julian spoke monotonously, "Don't you're not my type anyway. I mean you have a nice body but..." he averted his eyes.

I don't know why but I feel offended...

"Subaru, get your carcass over here!," Captain yelled, ending our pleasent conversation.

Jade POV~

Julian was now pouting like a child as he watched Subaru jog towards his team. "I can't believe you told him...my parents don't even know..."

"Please," I roll my eyes, "the parents are always last to know."

This only made him frown harder. He would break his face if he got even more sad.

I stand up to pat his head before joining the circle of basketball players. "Sorry, your choice tonight," I whisper before leaving him on the bleachers.

Time Skip~
Jasper POV~

"Good game guys!" I shout to the team; handing each member a water bottle.

"Thanks," Satome took the bottle greatfully, drowning it in one large gulp.

"Good job," I start to walk over to Subaru who is already packing up his things. "What's the rush?"

"Packing."

"We don't leave until a few days though," I sit down next to his bag.

"Yeah, but Jasper, we need to pack sooner rather than later."

"Ehhh, who cares? As long as we bring basic stuff then we can just buy whatever we need over there," I yawn, I stretching my legs out.

"And this is why you would die without me or the others," shaking his head, Julian hands me Jade and Jem's glasses, "here, put them on before someone notices your change in behavior."

"But it's been moths since the last time I talked to you..." I reluctantly take the glasses.

"Don't worry," he gave me his comforting smile, knowing how much it calmed me, "tonight, when I spend the night, I'll talk to all of you, k?"

"K," I place the glasses onto my nose and start to feel the familiar sensation of switching.

Jade POV~

"Julian, lets go. We need to go back to the condo before Ukyo yells at us," I grab my bag and start to walk out of the gym after I say goodbye to the guys.

"Are you going to be late?" I ask Subaru who is currently practicing, "the trip is in 2 days."

"Yeah, but I'll be fine. Just make sure that everything goes well so we can see Ema and everyone," before turning away, I catch a glimps of a smile grow on his face.

My eyes widened, how many times have I seen him smile?

Smiling to myself I think, he must truly miss Ema. I'm glad they'll get to meet soon...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So yeah, I think I know where this is going and who I want Jade to end up with, so I'm basically trying to narrow it down to only 2 love interests. Subaru is out, and honestly to me, Subaru fits better with Ema than Jade.