Chapter 1

Flashback~

Lifting my head up from my crouching body, my sight was filled full of darkness.

Why? I thought, why did this happen to me? I was a good girl. I awlays followed the rules. I always listened to my parents. What did I do wrong?

Tears started to stain my cheeks as the memory of it all crashed over me like waves.

Lowering my head once again, I closed my eyes wanting nothing more than too sleep forever.

Before I closed my eyes for eternity I felt something...no someone pat my back. I looked up and saw a person looking down at me smiling. Before you knew it, there were two others next to her, looking down at me smiling softly.

"I'm right here with you," they spoke in unison before slowly drifting away like leaves blowing in the wind.

My eyes shot open looking around for the three strangers but all I found was darkness once again.

Flashback End~

Narrator POV~

As Jade exited the the airport she looked around searching for her uncle. A man with brown hair waved in her direction beckoning her towards him. As she approached the man he pulled her into a bear hug.

"Jade! It is so wonderful to see you again. How are you feeling about...," his voice got softer," your mother's death?"

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me. After all it's not your fault she got hit by a car."

Shocked covered his face for Jade's expression didn't change at all. It isn't normal for a child's face to show no emotion at all, he thought.

Pushing the thought aside, he pushed her towards the car, excited to introduce her to her 13 new cousins. Jade doesn't know about her new cousins, he thought, This will be fun.

As he pulled out of the parking lot, silence filled the car. To break the silence he decided to tell Jade about her new living conditions.

"Jade I forgot to inform you about a little detail about your new house," she pulled out her earbud and looked up at him," You won't be living with Ema or me," shocked coated her face," Instead, Ema is actually studying abroad for a semester and I live in a different house due to work, but don't worry you won't be living by yourself," curiosity covered her face.

"Who will I be living with then?"

"You probably know that I recently got remarried, right?" her head nodded," Well, my new wife, Miwa Asahina, has 13 sons and you will be living with them."

"13?!" exclaimed Jade," Who has 13 sons? That is crazy!" realizing what she said was rude, she immediately apologized.

Breaking into a laugh, he responded "No no, it's fine. I thought the same thing at first too."

Jade's cheeks flushed in embarrassment, that was her first time raising her voice in years.

"Here," her uncle handed her a piece of paper," It's a list made by Ema describing each cousin's personality and looks. It would be embarrassing to walk in and meet new cousins you know nothing about, right?"

"Right," she said slowly nodding and taking the piece of paper. Opening it, she read:

Dear Jade,

It has been awhile since we have last talked. My condolences for your lost, but hey, if you look at the bright side you are gaining 13 new cousins. Anyway, here is a list of your cousins from oldest to youngest:

Masaomi- 31 years old. He is a doctor (pediatrician to be exact). He has light brown hair and dark brown eyes, he is very kind and considerate about others.

Ukyo- 29 years old. He works as a lawyer and is a very good cook (almost as good as you). He is blond with blue eyes and is one of the only 2 who wear glasses.

Kaname- 27 years old. He is a monk (but he doesn't act like one). Be careful Jade, he is a BIG flirt. He also is blond but his hair is longer and has hazel eyes. He is almost always in his monk outfit so he is easy to distinguish.

Hikaru- 26 years old. He is a novelist and doesn't live with the others. He also cross-dresses. He has long orange/red hair and the same eyes as Kaname. He is kind and respectful to his brothers but I don't see him much.

Tsubaki- 24 years old. Tsubaki is the oldest of the triplets. He is the identical twin to Azusa. He is a popular voice actor so maybe you have heard of him.He is funny and cheeky but will work hard towards his dreams. His hair is dyed white and has purple eyes.

Azusa- 24 years old. The 2nd oldest of the triplets. His is also a popular voice actor and often works with Tsubaki. He is a very "cool" guy and is always keeping Tsubaki in check. His hair is a dark purple color and shares the purple eyes; he is the other one who wears glasses.

Natsume- 24 years old. Youngest of the triplets and is fraternal to Tsubaki and Azusa. He has orange hair and purple eyes (you should have guessed that) He doesn't live with everyone and works at a game company. He can be kind of blunt but is very good at looking after others.

Louis- 21 years old. Louis is actually adopted like me. He is a bit mysterious and always seems to have his head in the clouds. His occupation is being a hairdresser. He has white/blond hair (obviously gorgeous) and kind brown eyes.

Subaru- 19 years old. He is a sophomore in college (like you) and plays basketball. He seems kind of tense around girls so be gentle with him. He has short (almost) gray hair and gray eyes.

Iori- 18 years old. He attends Bright Centrair Private Academy but will graduate soon. You could describe him a prince-like because he is a total gentleman. He has grayish-blue hair and hazel eyes.

Yusuke- 17 years old. He was actually my classmate before we became siblings. He is quick to yell but is still nice to everyone. He is the only one with red hair and dark red eyes. You should find him easily.

Fuuto- 15 years old (the same as you). He is an idol known as Asakura Fuuto so you might know him. He has light brown hair and brown eyes. He is a sly boy but i believe he is hiding his true self.

Wataru- 10 years old. He is full of energy, sweet, and honest. (He is kind of spoiled because he is the youngest). He has brown eyes and light salmon hair (basically pink).

There you have it. Good luck to you my dearest cousin. Have fun with your new cousins.

-Ema

Jade refolded the note, closed her eyes, and let out a soft sigh. This will be interesting.