Chapter 11

Jade POV~

As I walked into the kitchen the next morning I was surprised. I was expecting to be bombarded with questions but instead everyone was acting normal. I will admit that I kind of wished they would ask as a sign of acknowledgment, but I was more grateful that they didn't. I would probably stress out if they asked.

"Morning everyone," I said announcing my presence.

Warm smiles filled the room," Good morning Jade," they echoed.

I sat down in my seat waiting to be severed my hot chocolate. As Ukyo set down a cup filled with whipping cream I greedily snatched it and stared to chug it down. I let out a small sigh of relief and set the cup down.

I looked around to see Tsubaki chuckle. "What's wrong?" I asked, not knowing what was going on.

In a blink of an eye he was inches away from my face, smirking. "T-Tsubaki? What are you doing?" I blushed, never being this close to anyone but Julian before.

In less than a second he got closer and...

Kissed my nose.

This time I swear I looked like a tomato. Licking his lips, he teased, "You had whipping cream on your nose, so I thought I should clean it up.

"You could have just told me," I said, my blush disappearing.

"Then I wouldn't get to taste whip cream and kiss you," he whined.

And my blush was back. Thank you very much Tsubaki.

"Aww, come on. Don't be so shy," Tsubaki cooed taking his place again.

I didn't respond, giving him the silent treatment. And luckily the rest of breakfast continued uneventfully.

"Oh yeah, can someone bring Subaru his team's lunch?" I forgot to give it to him this morning." Ukyo said.

I looked around noticing that Subaru wasn't here.

"I can't. I have to work and so does Tsubaki," Azusa said.

"I'm meeting with some of my former classmates and were going to study for the college entrance exams," Iori said.

All of them seemed to have something going on. "I'll do it," I piped up, "It would give me a chance to explore Meji."

"That would be wonderful. The lunches are on the counter and you must be there by 11:30, they're leaving for an away game today." Ukyo instructed.

Nodding my head I looked at the clock, it read 11:00. I got up and grabbed the lunches wanting to be there before 11:30 so I could see some of the practice. I know Jasper would love to see it.

Time Skip~

I walked up to the front office going to ask for direction to the gym when I spotted Subaru.

"Subaru!" I shouted running towards him.

He turned around, shocked to see me. "What are you doing here? It's summer and you said you don't start till fall."

"You forgot your team's lunch so Ukyo asked if I could bring it to you."

He turned his head and looked at the huge basket I was holding. "Thanks... Let me help you." He took the basket and started to walk towards a large building.

Subaru POV~

Of all of my siblings, it had to be her. Why did-, I couldn't finish my thought because our team manager ran out of the gym shouting. I couldn't catch all of what she was saying. But I did hear, quit...hate...don't...

"What's that all about?" I hear Jade ask from behind me.

"I'm not sure either," I said opening the door. I led her to the bleachers setting the basket down," You wait here. I'll go find out what happened," I jogged up to Satomi.

He was rubbing the back of his neck when I asked him," What happened Captain? Why did Mio storm off?"

"Well...Uh," he started trying to explain," She asked me out and I rejected her and then she told me that the only reason she volunteered to be manager was for me," he said rubbing his neck even harder," So when I rejected her she told me that she will quit and that she hates me and to never talk to her again. Now we don't have a manager."

"Hey, who are you? I've never seen you before. You looked too young to be here," I heard and turned around finding Jade surrounded by my teammates.

Following my gaze, Satomi asked," Who's she? I've never seen her before."

"Uh, she's my cousin. She was just dropping off the lunches my brother made."

"Your cousin? I thought you only have brothers and one sister."

"She just moved and is living with us."

"Hmm. Oi! Guys back up," Satomi said," You, come over here," he said pointing a Jade.

She pointed at herself and Satomi nodded. She looked at me and I nodded my head saying it was okay. She walked up to us and bowed, my teammates followed.

"What's your name?" Satomi asked.

"Jade Hinata," she replied looking intimidated by the 6'5 man.

"Subaru said you were his cousin, is that true?"

"Yes."

"How old are you?"

"15 turning 16 soon."

Now he was interrogating her, I thought.

"What school?"

"I'm going to attend Meji in the fall."

"Aren't you too young?" he asked getting suspicious.

"I am young, but I am going to Meji in the fall," she said straight faced.

Satomi and the rest of my teammates looked at me for confirmation. I nodded my head causing their jaws to drop.

"Dayummm, how smart are you?" my teammate Izumi asked. Getting no response in return.

Hayato suddenly whispered in Satomi's ear and his face lit up. "Can you play basketball?" he asked Jade.

"Probably," was all she responded, "I've never played before."

" Doubt she could throw it half way," Daichi snorted.

She looked offended by kept quiet letting Satomi finish. "Then do you know the basics?"

"Yeah."

"Try shooting some hoops. Hayato, show her how it's done."

Hayato nodded and led Jade to a hoop. She ignored him and walked towards the bleachers and took her glasses off.

I then remembered her multiple personality disorder. Didn't she say that without glasses she became athletic? What was her name again?"