Chapter 16

Jewel POV~

"This way, follow me please. We're running out of time," a staff member escorted us to a private dressing room, "Be ready in five."

"Here," Fuuto shoved a story line into my hands, "You have five minutes. Memorize it."

"She can't possibly memorize the whole thing even if it has no words," his manager protested.

"She can and she will."

His manager looked at me with worry. "I can do it, don't worry."

I looked up at the clock, 3 minutes left. Flipping open the story line I started to recite it.

I run out of the room looking for something. It starts to rain, he hands me an umbrella and...we...

My eyes open, we kiss?!

"Hey!," I snapped, "Why does it say we kiss? You never told me this."

"It's no big deal," he said shrugging.

"No big deal?!" I scrunched my eyebrows together,"We are cousins."

"Don't get your panties in a twist. It will be a fake kiss."

I breathed out, "Thank goodness."

"Unless you want it to be real," he cooed in my ear.

When did he get so close??? "No thanks," I said pushing him away with my finger.

Knock, knock~

"Please follow me to the set," a staff member asked.

We got up and followed her towards the set.

The set was very realistic. It looked like it belong in Paris, the romantic Paris music should be playing in the background, the smell of roses filling the air, and the dark street illuminated by the old fashioned street lights.

I was in awe. Now this is a set qualified to be blessed with my acting.

"Miss," a man said, poking me, "Please follow me." He lead me to a table full of food and a bunch of extras walked up and got in positions.

"You know your part, right?"

"Yup. Leave this to me."

Fuuto POV~

"Action!" the director said and the music started and people started to mingle. She should have a worried look on her face and then run away. I thought from my spot.

The director made a hand motion telling me to watch her run out of the room. I was already watching her; judging her. I opened my eyes in shock as a panicked expression covered her face.

I've only seen professional actors who make millions, pull of those emotions. Is she really this good?

She grabbed her black dress in fist fulls and ran out of the room bumping into people. She was playing her part perfectly.

"Cut!" the director declared, "That was perfect. At this rate we will finish on time. Fuuto get ready."

I breathed in and out calming my self and put my game face on.

"Action!"

I filled my face with a worried expression and took off in a sprint frantically looking for the Jewel. My head turned side to side trying to spot white hair.

"Cut!", the director yelled. It wasn't the end of the scene, what did I do wrong? "Fuuto, don't turn your head to much. The cameras can't capture your face. Turn less than 4 times. Again!"

Sh¡t. I messed up. I can't let her beat me.

I did it again and made sure to look straight at the cameras this time. As I exited to fake door, the director yelled "Cut! That was better. Let's start on the next scene. "

The make up artist came over and did a touch-up. "Start the rain!" the director ordered, causing the fake rain to fall down hard, "Action!"

I started running again and in my mid-run, I looked out the large window noticing the rain. I looked to my left and then to my right spotting an umbrella holder. I grabbed one and started running towards the exit.

"Cut! Again and this time turn the logo towards the camera."

"Yes, sorry," I apologized plastering a fake smile on my face.

"Action!"

I followed the instructions and making sure to show the logo was facing the camera and ran out the door.

"Cut!" the director shouted, "Let's finish this."

Taking my position, I got ready to run again.

"Action!"

I ran in the rain searching for her making sure to look a the cameras through the rain. The rain started pouring harder as I ran farther. I slowed down when I approached the back door where Jewel was sitting.

"Cut! Switch places."

A man carrying a camera crouched in front of Jewel. "Action!"

I started to slowly jog towards them until I became a yard away. I opened the umbrella, clearly showing the logo, and looked at the camera and gave it my best smile. Jewel's hand outstretched from behind the camera and took mine.

"Cut!" we removed our hands as the camera man left and we resumed our original positions.

"Action!"

She looked up at me, tears suddenly filling her silver eyes as she looked into the camera behind me. I pulled her up from her spot, embracing her under the umbrella. I looked down at the camera behind her as she moved closer into my chest. She looked back up at me with tears blurring her eyes and I returned her gaze, rain drops falling on her face. I slowly raised my hand and used my thumb to wipe away the rain and her tears.

This is the part where we kiss...

Then, out of the blue she gave me the happiest look I have ever seen an actor perform. Even though her character is supposed to be sad, she smiled at me. And it worked, it fit her part perfectly. Losing my thoughts and common sense, I leaned closer to her and...

Kissed her.