Chapter 6

Jade's POV~

"Yeah, I'm a sophomore in college. Didn't Uncle tell you guys?"

"Wait, if you're a sophomore in college, then you are in the same grade as Subaru," said Fuuto taking his place on the couch.

"Yeah. Actually I will be attending Meiji University with him starting in the Fall. I already got accepted awhile ago."

"Ehhh?! When did you apply to Meiji?" Subaru asked moving closer to me on the couch.

"I think it was last year."

"What major? And-" Subaru was cut off by Ukyo.

"I apologize for interrupting your conversation but I must make dinner before I leave for a case," Ukyo stood up abruptly.

"Oh if you need more time to prepare I can make dinner. I don't know if Ema told you but I'm a pretty decent cook," I offered.

"I couldn't do that to you, it's your first night here after all."

"No, actually can I make dinner as a present? I feel bad for intruding on you guys," Please?" I looked up at him with my puppy-dog eyes.

Ukyo looked panicked like he was making a child cry. Good, I thought. I'm making him nervous he will have no other option but to accept.

"If it wouldn't be a problem, please do. Now I must prepare for my case. Goodnight," Ukyo left in a rush grabbing his paperwork sitting on the dining room table.

"Well I guess I should start on dinner then," I said walking towards the kitchen," No one is allergic to anything right?"

"Nothing food wise at least," Masaomi answered.

"Okay good," I started to look through the refrigerator for ingredients. When i finished collecting them, I started on my dish.

After a few minutes of cutting potatoes, I realized that I didn't know where everything was. "Hey, um... can someone help me with dinner?" I started to blush. I hate asking for help from others," I don't know where anything is..."

"Besides Ukyo, nobody really uses the kitchen. If there is anyone to ask it's Iori, he uses it more than the rest of us," Masaomi responded lifting his head from a book. "He should be in his room, I'd look for him there."

Iori, the princely cousin, I thought. Deciding to asked him for help, I set down the knife and walked towards his room.

As I reached his room I tried to calm my nerves. He'll help me, right? If what Ema said was true; that he is the princely type, then he will help me cause it would fit his character. Curling my hand into a fist, I raised it ready to knock, when suddenly the door swung forward and hit me.

Hard.

The shock of the door plus the momentum of the door caused me to fall backwards into a plant. Curse me and my clumsiness. With one foot stuck in the plant pot and the other under my body I must had looked ridiculous to Iori.

Iori POV~

Turning my head around the door to see what made the commotion, expecting to see Yusuke (the clumsiest brother), my eyes widened to find Jade on the floor wincing in pain. I quickly shut my door and went to her.

"Did I do that?" I asked her, horrified.

"Eh, I'm fine," was all she responded.

I quickly picked her up and placed her on my bed. Her eyes widened in shock as I entered my room.

Jade POV~

Before I knew what was happening, Iori was holding me princess style and carrying me into his room. After he set me down on his bed he left the room in a hurry.

I sat up and looked at my unknown surroundings. Everything is perfect. Not a speck of dust anywhere. Ema was right, Iori is a prince. Before I could think of anything else the door opened.

Iori entered holding an ice pack and what looked like clothes. He pushed back my bangs making me flinch at his touch. Holding the ice pack up to my bruised forehead he handed the articles of clothing to me. Trying not to move too much, I looked down recognizing my favorite sweatpants and a pair of fuzzy socks.

Before I could even ask, he said," I hope you don't mind me going into your room. I thought you might want a new pair of pants and socks," looking down at feet.

I followed his gaze and notice, for the first time that my right leg was covered in dirt. I flushed feeling embarrassed that it took me this long to realize it.

"Why don't you use my bathroom and change," he said pointing me towards a door.

I just nodded and did what I was told. Emerging a few minutes later finally getting a grip on the situation I found Iori sitting at his desk studying.

He seemed to be having a hard time so I walked over and looked over his shoulder. He was working on a math problem and my inner nerd just blurted out," X is 7."

He looked up at me and stared at me, wonder filling his eyes. He obviously didn't understand so I grabbed a spare pencil and solved the problem. "See?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said slowly nodding.

Coming back to his senses he asked," Why were you in front of my door?"

"Shoot. I forgot," I said remembering dinner," I wanted to asked you for help cooking dinner since I don't know where anything else is."

"You thought of me first?," he questioned with a shocked expression.

Before I could tell him that Masaomi told me to ask him, he looked at me straight in the eyes, and smiled.

My heart stopped. His smile was gorgeous.

His dimples were more defined, his eyes glistened and he looked genuinely happy. His smile wasn't fake, it was real and that made it 10x more attractive. I now understood even more why he was the prince. He was perfect.

"I'm glad you thought of me first, Jade"

My eyes widened from his "holy smile"; I picked up my clothes and ran out of the room trying to calm myself and not fangirl at his smile.

Hearing his footsteps behind me, I entered the kitchen and went back to work.

The rest of dinner passed in a blur for all I could think about was Iori's smile. It was hauntingly beautiful.

After cleaning up with the help of everyone, I excused myself and returned to my room. I threw my limp body onto my bed and started to shut my eyes.

That was the most eventful day of my life by a long shot. These cousins will be the death of me. Why are all of them so perfect? Just my luck.