Forty Nine: Flashbacks.

Flashback One:

Today is my graduation day. I couldn't be any happier...

Walking in my gown and cap, alongside my parents, my sisters and their significant others, and my very own fiancé...

I'm being called by my name and I'm walking onto the stage, receiving my so long awaited for Engineering bachelorette degree, the grin nearly split my face as I shook hands with my professors and the dean of my university.

I turned towards my family's table and tears instantly spurred into my eyes when I noticed mom had streams of tears cascading down her face and dad held my gaze through dampened eyes...

When I glance at Dean, he was smiling at me wholeheartedly. I can see his chest rise and heavily fall.

Nervousness tugs at my heart causing my stomach to churn, for today was not just my graduation day, but it was also the day I was going to pick my wedding dress...

Flashback Two:

My arm was extended ahead of me as Dean held my hand in his and lead the way towards the Ka'bah for Tawaf. He wore a sheet of white cloth around the waist and covered his upper body with another sheet that was draped over one shoulder.

He turned to glance at me and smiled when he caught my smile.

The way he smiled back at me, with our hands holding, and the Ka'bah illuminating his background, the moment seemed picture-perfect.

This is where I wanted to be lead, and Dean was the one whom I wished would lead me towards a better life, a life that would bring me closer to god.

Flashback three:

"I'm sorry about that..." He apologizes after pressing a gentle hand over the little of my back.

I turn to smile at him and shake my head.

"It's okay, it's not like my mom hasn't flung that lecture at us before." I chuckle and he settles for a smile.

"Do you think she liked the food?" I alter the subject and he grins.

"I know for a fact she did..." He assures me and I squint my eyes at him before he pulls me into a bear hug, lifting me up a little before he scooped me up and took us both to the living room where he lowered us onto the couch.

I shift to rise but he stops me by pulling me to him.

"I've cleaning to do..."

"And food to wrap." I chuckle and he huffs.

"It can wait." He insists and I chuckle, giving up to his cuddle.

How can I resist being cuddled by him on our love couch, with his strong arm wrapped around my waist and his free fingers brushing the length of my hair in dizzying rhythms?

My chest rises heavily as his mother's words replay themselves in my mind.

"Don't you want your kids to have young parents?"

"The sooner the better..." She smiles, nodding suggestively.

My face was a flame. I didn't know what to tell her.

With my parents throwing at Dean and I a similar lecture just yesterday, I felt like it was required of us to do as we were told and make a baby already!

What if I wasn't ready?

Worse, what if Dean wasn't?

He seemed very unobtrusive about this, and unreadable...