Twenty: Comparisons...

Dean's POV:

"You ready?" I ask.

"Oui!" She puns and I smile.

"Okay, I'm downstairs." I inform her and we hang up.

A couple of moments later she appears, stepping out of the elevator.

My hand finds the knob and I turn to step out of my car, but before I do, something about her outfit caught my attention and I took a moment to inspect her before I looked away and lastly stepped out of the car.

She was dressed in black skinny jeans, its length reaching just before her ankles, exposing a bit more skin above her white converse. A white basic with a faintly shimmery black jacket on top of it, and although the jacket was sort of flowy, the white basic was a bit tight, emphasizing her-well umm-feminine curves...

Her black scarf was embellished with big rosy florets the color which perfectly matched her rosy cheeks and pink lips.

"You look..." And it takes longer than it should to come out.

"Pretty..." I smile and she grins, mouthing a silent 'Thank you'...

"Sarah picked the outfit..." She notes and my face slightly falls but I instantly muster a smile.

Why Sarah? Why do this to me?

"Do you want us to pass by Sarah?" I ask her once we're inside the car.

"No umm-Waleed is taking her. I think they're already there..." She says after inspecting her phone.

Is she wearing makeup?!

I couldn't help but notice that when her phone's light lit her face, her usually lighter-colored eyelashes were darkened and that there were blemishes of black shadow on her lids...

She inarguably looked beyond dazzling but, she usually looks very lovely without any effort! Not all girls get to look effortlessly beautiful every other day! I know women who do a lot! She should be very appreciative about this...

I look away the moment she lowers her phone again.
~~~~~

The place was uncomfortably jam-packed with people, the music was loud, and for some reason, not everyone was seated, a good number of people were on their feet.

I heard it had a great night life but, the further we walked in, the more I disliked the chaos.

Why would Sarah recommend this place in particular?

I must admit, I wasn't fond of her choice.

Seeing these girls dressed too little, exposing far too much, walking around with cigarettes between their fingers, and glasses of wine and boozy beverages in their hands, flaunting them! I turned to glance at the overwhelmed angel walking by my side.

I fought the urge of covering her eyes and walking her back out of here.

She doesn't belong here!

But then her eyes stopped wandering and caught something that she eyed curiously.

It was a foosball/football table.

Three girls stood on one side of the table across from two guys who were so focused to win those girls.

They tossed and turned and slammed the handles while the girls just laughed and laughed, loudly. And Jodie just stood there and smiled at that scene.

What was she smiling at?!

"What are you smiling at?" I ask her upon wondering...

She glances at me and chuckles shrugging.