Thirty two: The Provocateur

Dean's POV:

I flinch awake when I feel several wallops around my below-the-waist area, only waking up to find Lillo trying to climb up above me, her little paws stumbling upon my things...

I sigh heavily before I lay my head back down and Lillo finally settles onto my chest and helps herself to sleep.

I shut my eyes again but then I reopen them when I sense that the headache was gone, my head was no longer heavy...

I frown a little but then my face falls and I slowly tilt my head backwards, my sight meeting Jodie's beautiful sleeping face...

I slowly lift my head off of the pillow and her lap, gently transferring Lillo onto my lap.

I turn to look at Jodie, who has tucked a pillow under her head and leaned over it, allowing herself to fall asleep while I was.

I wasn't planning on actually falling asleep but-

I don't remember what happened...

All I remember was the hypnotic feeling of Jodie's gentle slow strokes against my head, her soft whispers, and the light breeze that caressed us.

What have you done to me?

Whatever she did, it cured me!

It swept the headache away... Subhan-allah...

My head was almost going to explode before we got here, and now I was feeling better that fine...

All because of that little sleeping thing, and the little things she does to me...

I am in awe of her...

I continue to gaze at her relentlessly but then she makes a move before she's slightly shivering and her hand is clenching the lower part of her tummy...

Oh god... She must cold...

I promptly but really slowly and noiselessly pull myself up on my feet, taking Lillo along with me into the house.

I place her in her bed and she takes comfort and continues her snooze while I hurry to my room and look for a blanket.

But then I catch sight of the ticking clock that was hanged across my bed and my face falls when I notice that it was 3:12 AM in the morning...

How long were we sleeping out there?!

I head back outside and cover her up with a blanket that she welcomes in her sleep and cuddles comfortably into.

I smile when her face relaxes and she does that thing with her nose, cringing it once the way a cat usually does to flaunt its whiskers...

What am I supposed to do?

She can't stay outside here... The temperature unusually dropped out here.

And I really didn't want to disturb her serene sleep...

Maybe I should just carry her inside...

Fix up the guest's room for her.

I eventually decide to get back inside and hastily fix up the guests bedroom for her, and if I'm lucky, she'll wake up before I return and pick her up to transfer her inside...

So I change the sheets and warm the room before I'm heading back out where I found her still fast asleep just the way I left her...

I lower myself down beside her and debate over picking her up and waking her up again.