One: ChrisPBacon...

Jodie's POV:

"God, I wish I can just drop my courses and travel with you..." I sigh in distress.

I look up and catch her sad blameless smile.

She had the starriest sparkly wide pair of brown pools.

I chuckle, but it always sounded more like a nasal scoff.

"I'll only be away for a couple of weeks." She assures me, continuously doing and undoing her long deep chocolate brown braid with its ends dip dyed caramel blonde.

"Would you stop doing that!" I slap the braid sweeping it off of her shoulder.

She frowns.

"Fine!" She pulls her palms up then straightens her back.

"What are your plans for the summer?" She asks and my chest tightens.

"Nothing! I told you. Lana is going to spend the summer in Alexandria with her dear fiancé." I roll my eyes at the memory of my eldest sister packing a month ahead for her vacation with Ziad, her highschool lover and her husband-to-be...

"It's just me and Sarah here. And Sarah chose to stay in the fifth settlement..." I add.

"And what are Sarah's plans?" She asks.

"I've no idea... Probably at the gym and the rest of the nights with her clique in different cafes and lounges..." I assume.

Sarah was the middle sister, I was the youngest, and Lana; the eldest. We all stayed together in our place in the fifth settlement during the summer, but now I've moved back to my dorms.

Sarah was currently struggling with her body weight. She wasn't obese, but she was slightly overweight. So she was a frequent gym goer. But unlike me, she was pretty popular. She had real friends. Not just Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter followers...

"Jasmine, I need a change..." I sigh distressed.

"Am I the only one of our friends whose taking summer courses?!" I exclaim, dooming my fate.

"Relax! They're just two subjects! Summer semesters are the shortest. They'll be done before you know it!" She assures me, but I stare at her vacantly, highly doubting she feels what I'm feeling right now.

Tomorrow was officially the last day of this spring semester and this school year. Everyone was ready to get into their bikinis and their hot shorts and drive straight to the north coast to spend the rest of the summer by the turquoise coast under the tempting sun rays while I had the weekend before I'm back to attending morning lectures and afternoon sections!

That aside, I was lonesome! While everyone travelled and are going to spend their summers out of the city, I was being left alone here in Cairo. Even Jasmine, my best friend and my roommate was leaving me for a trip to France with her family...

What was I supposed to do on the weekends?

I had no friends and no boyfriend...

"I need a boyfriend..." I voice out. Jasmine chuckles mockingly.

"No love. You don't..." She points out and I quirk a serious eyebrow.

"We all know you're not the dating material..." She speaks and I gulp worriedly, instantly replaying my five horrific relationship experiences at the back of my brain.

"I want to try again..." I lower my gaze and worry my lips.

"Whatever happened to Zaki anyway?" She takes us back to that.