Forty One: Ziplining...

Jodie's POV;

We pass through the gates of Adham's village and meet Adham in his car with Malak by his side, and Yara popping her head from between their seats.
Adham then waves for us to follow him back out of the village as we hit the road one more time.

"Where are we going?" I ask Dean and he turns to glance at me before he shrugs once.

"He must have a plan for us." He replies and I nod at him before Jasmine texts me the same question and I type a similar reply.

"So Jodie-" He glances at me once more and I lower the volume of the music, turning to him attentively.

"Tell me some of your fears..." He speaks and I slightly frown at the odd spontaneous question.

"My fears?" I chuckle and he nods.
"Like what?" I answer his question with one another.

"Are you afraid of heights?" He fights down a smile.

Heights... Huh...
How do you feel about heights Jodie?

"It depends if I'm going to free fall from Burj Khalifa, or just-ride the highest rollercoaster, with belts and restraints over my chest keeping me from falling..." I chuckle at the meaninglessness of my own words and he grins, nodding at me.

"So it's a no if there are safety measurements and yes if it's clearly a suicidal attempt?" He smartly recaps and I nod grinning.

"Okay, umm-are you afraid of vast water spaces?" He pitches another question and I chuckle again. Where does that lead?

"Not really-well unless I was on Titanic and it ran into an ice berg and was gradually sinking into below zero tempered water!" We both start laughing midway and her shakes his head in disbelief.

"Why do you refer to the extremities?" He asks and I shrug amusedly.

"Because fear is a natural thing when it's an extremity." I inform him and he nods again.

I was still trying to find a point behind the fears subject and was beginning to fail at it.

"What brought this up?" I chuckle and he glances at me twice before he coughs, clearly feeling uncomfortable about whatever he was going to inform me of next.

"I sort of uh-" He gulps, maintaining his eyes on the road.
"Signed you up for uh-" He pauses again and I almost creak my displeasure.
"But it's okay now that I know you aren't-" He pauses again, killing me!

"Dean what did you do!" I lightly shove him, my face already falling in panic.

He grins and I shove him again, wanting him to spill the frexing beans.

"You're becoming really abusive-I don't think I'm fond of that..." He says all at once, altering the subject but also making me laugh at this.

"We're going zip lining..." He finally discloses.

Zip-
Zip lining-
Zip-freaking-lining?!
I know what that is!

"What?" I breathe as both adrenaline and epinephrine start gushing through my bloodstream.

"So that's where we're all heading to?"
"Including them?" I point a thumb backwards, meaning Karim's car and whoever was in it.

"Yeah..." He nods.
"But they don't have to do it too, although I'm guessing they would want to give it a try." He says and I instantly chuckle.

"Jasmine would definitely do it. She's an adrenaline junkie." I inform him and his eyebrows shoot up in surprise.

"Let me see-" I hold out my five fingers for him.
"She went cliff jumping, bungee jumping, sky diving in Dubai once, parachute sailing, and diving." I list for him and he whispers a 'Wow'.