Forty Four: Damn you Barbie!

"Karam took my Barbie!" I cry so profoundly wounded, my chest was hurting, my body was trembling and my little lungs were suffering.

I was dressed in the short orange dress I've always hated.

I was already upset mom made me wear it to Karam's birthday.

I went and cried to the only person I had hoped would help me... Karim....

Sarah and Lana laughed at me and told me he was going to give it back if I just told him the magic word, which was 'Please Karam...'

"Karim! Do something!" I shrieked through my profuse sobs and continued to shake his shoulders while he stood there watching me in utter shock.

"It's not even a real Barbie! Why do you love it so much? He told you don't bring it to his birthday!" He yells at me.

My lips tremble again and my heart aches from his cruel words.

I know it isn't a real Barbie, but it's my Barbie! I called her that!

I made her!

Rage built inside my little being and I shoved Karim hard until his back was slammed back to the wall.

"Ouw Jodie!" He shouts in my face and I blink repeatedly before I run away from him.

I stop and turn around.

"I hate you!" I yell but it sounds like a squawk.

I get into the first room that had its door opened and shut the door behind me before I tiptoe and twist the key twice, locking myself inside.

When I turn around my cries die...

I was in Karim's room.

All that roamed in my brain was that he was going to kill me...

And the terror resulted by that thought kept building up in my head.

I wiped my tears and my sight gradually cleared.

I kept my back pressed to the door as I drank in the sight of his room.

The white bed with the batman themed bed clothing, his neat studying desk, with all the pencils sharpened and put into their assigned places...

The curtains of his window flutter, startling me, and causing me to gasp before I slowly walked towards it and climbed up his chair and looked out the window just to see my bedroom's window on the other side of the street.

The curtains of my window flutter too and I smile when my white princess bed comes in view.

I start pulling myself up, wanting to stand on the chair so I could get a better view of my room but just before I stand I hear a loud thump shudder the door and I lose balance, falling on the ground as the back of my head meets the hard frame of one of the legs of the chair.

I instantly start to cry again before I immediately rise and get the door before Karim almost breaks it.

I run backwards when the door flies open and I fall on my bum again as I continued to cry and rub the back of my little head where I've been hit earlier.

Karim hurls towards me screaming;

"What did you do?! Jodie what did you do!!!" He yells frightened.

"Get up!" He pulls me up by both my hands before he shook my shoulders after he glanced at the fallen chair beside his desk.

I couldn't find my tongue between all my loud sobs and heavy panting.