Forty Two: Close call...

We walk back to the others and notice that Jasmine and Karim where gone, which causes Jodie to ask;

"Where's Jasmine and Karim?"

"In the house..." Karam answers her with an evocative smile.

"It's getting colder. I'm thinking we should move indoors..." Adham announces as he rises and gives Malak a hand, helping her up as well.

"I agree..." Yara rises and Karam follows.

I pick up the tray and Jodie helps me by picking up the bowl of marshmallows and we walk towards the house first, followed by the rest.

We reach and I noiselessly push the door open for Jodie to step in first before I follow her.

I leave it open for the rest who were walking slower than us.

Jodie stops not knowing where the kitchen is and I motion for her to follow me.

And upon our entrance into the kitchen, I froze and Jodie froze behind me at the scene before us.

Jasmine hops off of the kitchen island and turns very red, while Karim clears his throat and glances at us before he turns to suppress a smile Jasmine's way and they both chuckle before excusing themselves.

Now we all knew what was happening here, but we just chose to play real dumb...

I found it funny, but clearly Jodie did not...

Her face was even more red than Jasmine's and her expression was terribly fallen.

"What?" I whisper and she avoided my gaze and shook her head real slowly, which had me thinking a hell lot of things. However, I could not read anything off her face.

Was she bothered? Ashamed? Embarrassed?

Jealous?

She snaps out of her freeze and places the bowl of marshmallows on the counter before she turns away from me and cups her mouth.

Woah!

Seriously! What was up with her?!

But before I question, she walks out of the kitchen, leaving me for my state of complete confusion.

Adham soon passes by Jodie and then enters the kitchen with the same frown on his face.

"Another argument?" He quirks an eyebrow but I instantly shake my head.

"Then what is it?" He asks and I shake my head again.

"I seriously have no clue..." My frown deepens.

"You do it too don't you?" I ask him but he doesn't catch it.

I sigh before I usher him outside through the back door.

"Do what dude?" He chuckles and I find myself smiling.

"Do you and Malak kiss?" I ask and suddenly the question sounds so ridiculous.

He scoffs in laughter before he frowns again.

"You-" His face falls and his eyes widen and I instantly shook my head and whacked the back of his.

He laughs again.

"Karim and Jasmine were..." I roll my eyes and his eyebrows shoot is disbelief.

"And what were you expecting? Aren't they dating?" He asks as if I was being utterly absurd.

"What? You serious?"

"They're dating! Not-" But I stop myself here because what I was doing wasn't even fair...