Six:A Heat Stroke

No please... Don't wake me up!
I'm dreaming...
It's beautiful...
I'm in a spacious green yard, gripping a golf club between my hands.
I'm standing a stride away from the ball and about four strides away from the golf hole.
I turn to Dean, waiting on his "go!"...
He grins, flashing his pearl white teeth.
His eyes were sparkly, kind of happy...
"Go!" He shoots his eyebrows enthusiatically.
I begin swinging my club twice and then I hear him say;
"Slow and gentle now..." He directs and I comply, lightly pushing the feather-light ball expertly into its hole...
I eagerly turn to grin victoriously his way, and there goes his laugh echoing through the space...
The sun was too hot...
My body was soaked.
Something really hot and heavy was covering me all up...
I try to move...
And then I hear that soft voice whispering again;
"Jodie..."
"You up?"

Who was that?!

I gradually pull my lids apart.

I know her...
Malak wasn't it?
But oh my god this wasn't just a dream! It happened!

"Where am I?"
I flinch awake...
I use my weak arms to pull myself slightly up into a leaning position.
My hair was untied, it fell on my shoulders and almost covered my face from the sides.
I rake through it pulling it backwards.
"What happened?" I ask her already beginning to worry.
"You blacked out... A heat stroke-hey don't get up you have to lay down... Please..." She stops me from rolling the heavy covers off of me.
I remember that...
I remember her yelling Dean's name. But that's the last thing I remember.
How did I get here?
My face reddens.

"So-" She straightens.
"Have you eaten anything at all since the morning?" She asks and I shake my head gesturing a no.
She nods knowingly.
"And you haven't had enough water either. You were both severely dehydrated and famished... And! You spent a good hour under the scorching sun... That was just bound to happen."
"You've been out for about an hour until you finally started moving and falling back into deep sleep." She concludes.
That all happened?!
I had a strange urge to laugh... But I killed it...
"You've to drink those, every last drop of them, and have those two pills before you eat. Dean is probably getting you something-" She points at the two gigantic cups on the bedside table.
That leads me to fire a question at her;
"Where am I?" I ask.
"Umm-" She looks around clearly trying to make something up.
"You... Are at... My place." She bites down a smile and flushes. I quirk a knowing eyebrow.
"Ok this is Dean's place..." She admits in haste then chuckles.
My whole body flushes all over. The heat becomes unbearable.
I roll off the bed covers. However, I do not move, not because I knew she sure won't let me, but because my head was still lightly throbbing.
I pull myself into a seated position and she instantly hands me the gigantic cup of water.
"I hope you don't mind that I took your scarf and cardigan off... You were burning up, I had to cool you down..." She says and only then do I notice my state.
I was stretched on top of the bed wearing only my white ruffle camisole and my jeans.
I felt naked in this house...
I instinctively eye the closed door.
"Don't worry he wouldn't get in here..." She chuckles before saying that and I fight down my smile.
"Here you go..." She instantly takes my empty cup of water and replaces it with the glass of orange juice.
"Jodie, I must say, I love you hair color!" She compliments my ash brown hair and I chuckle.
"Thank you..." I grin.
After I down the glass of orange juice, I pull myself higher and curl my legs feeling slightly refreshed.
"So umm..." I scratch my cheek using one finger. God this was awkward...
"Did Dean put me in here?" I stutter at least a dozen times throughout that sentence.

Yes by "put me in here" I meant pick me up after I fell, curled his strong masculine arms one under my thighs and the other scooping my back... Did he slowly put me down on the bed and cover me up? Was he worried? Was I heavy? Shit did I break his back? Where is he? How am I going to be able to look at him again? I feel the urge of burying my face in a pillow but I kill it as well... Him scooping me up was very shameful, yet necessary...
She nods stifling a laugh.
Ugh Malak...