Thirty: Edible?

Jodie's POV:

"He's coming to take me." I say after hanging up.

"What?" Sarah frowns.

"Who's going to drive the Fortuner?" She asks and I face palm when I realize I've totally overlooked that fact.

"I don't know... All I know is that I need to pack." I inform her and hurry towards my room.

"Hey wait up! What happened? What did mom and dad do?!" She asks and that spurs my curiosity once more.

"He didn't tell me all of it! I'm dying to know too!" I shake her shoulders and she starts laughing at me.

"Tell me the part he told you!" She nags.

"He just said dad was sort of inquisitive but funny, mom reminded him of me all the time, and that dad said 'Asses'! And used other synonyms to it too!" I say and she bursts in laughter.

"Holy f-uck!" She laughs some more and I join her.

"He said you and dad have the same boldness and sarcasm..." I inform her and she chuckles, straightening proudly.

"You don't say..." She whips her hair almost blinding me.

"And ofcourse!" She holds out a finger.
"You and mom are really quiet, mushy, and all mysterious and *yawn* boring..." She states and my face slightly falls.

Does he think so too?

"We're not boring..." I frown at her.

"I'm fun..." I undertone and she instantly chuckles.

"Don't take that straight to the heart Jodie, of course you're fun..." She pokes my cheek but-too little too late...

"Anyway-"

"That's all he said..." I shrug, continuing to fold my clothes and deposit them into my opened suitcase.

"Now how am I going to get the Fortuner to my place?" I ask her.

"Umm-do you have college tomorrow?" She asks.

"No, tomorrow is Monday..."

"I've lectures on Tuesday." I inform her.

"Great then-I could drive to you tomorrow and let Waleed drive me back later that night..." She shrugs amusedly and I squint at her.

"Did you take dad's permission for that?" I ask and she chuckles shoving me.

"For real..." I muster seriousness and her face slightly falls.

"Jodie-I'm not really going to call dad every time I'm going to see Waleed..."

"Maybe once or twice just not-every time!" She explains and I helplessly shake my head.

"Yeah yeah..." I yawn tiredly.

"I really want to sleep..." I slop down on the bed after I wrap up my suitcase.

"So um-what are you going to wear?" She asks and I frown.

"Jodie-you put all your clothes into the suitcase, what's left for you to wear?" She points out and I face palm myself midway.

"Where's my brain when I need it?" I sigh rising again, skimming through my bag.

I pull out the first pair of dark blue jeans, a white basic tee, a pair of socks for my plain white sneakers and then I struggle with the scarf and jacket that should go along.

"Can I umm-borrow one of your hoodies?" I ask and she nods before waving a hand towards her closet.

I open her closet and skim through her jackets.