Forty Six: One down, one to go.

I stared at my laptop's screen and read the word stroke over a dozen times before I slammed the laptop shut and took a deep breath.

I knew it was possible...

This is getting out of hand.

What I'm leading my body to by not taking my prescribed medicine is called self-destruction...

I almost had a stroke that night of the accident when we were being road raided...

And now I can feel similar sharp twists faintly make their way to my head...

I got to my feet and dragged my unstable body which was weighed down by my heavy head towards the kitchen and stared at the damn tablets resting over the counter.

All is needed is Jodie, and the Ruqyah...

It worked every time...

God's words and feeling her presence before her touch, work miracles to even my worst headaches...

"Ah Jodie..."

"If only you knew how much you mean to me..." I mutter to myself before I hear the ringtone of my phone and walk slower than usual towards it.

When I reach, I find that I've missed another call from Raed, who was being a constant pain in the ass ever since we landed, thinking I needed to see a doctor for my headaches as soon as possible.

He thought I was having a stroke while on the airplane...

I watched the time pass until it was two AM.

And I was still debating over calling my father and informing him of my very recent decision...

But now that it was too late to do that, I finally tossed my phone away and pulled myself up, meaning to head to my room before the god damned doorbell rang.

I almost groaned in displeasure but then my frown took over.

Who was here at two AM?

"I swear if it was you Raed behind that door-" I mutter under my breath before I swing the door open the same moment my eyes froze and my lungs malfunctioned.

She was dressed in an oversize light pink Adidas hoodie, obviously Sarah's, over pants that I was starting to guess were actually leggings!

Concluding the outfit with her pink Crocs and a black scarf loosely wrapped around her beautiful nervous face.

I reach for her hand and pull her inside in a rather panicky manner that her breath slightly hitches.

"What are you doing here?" I hiss fumingly.

"Did you drive here on your own at this time of the night?!" I manage to keep my voice down.

She blinks repetitively before she gulps and takes an intuitive step backwards.

Her frightful expression begins to fade before a rather angrier expression begins to take over, partially handing the frightful expression over to me...

"I thought you were breaking up with me back there!" She surprises me by throwing a punch at my arm.

My eyes widen a little before I clenched my jaw, stifling a persistent smile...

I realize I've never seen her this angry...

I gulped again.

"Why do you need to stop talking to me while you wait until I speak to my dad?"

"Why do you want to stop seeing me?"

"I mean-"

"We could still do both while I finally speak to my father."