Chapter two

Week two_(Thursday)

My phone rang. I quickly pulled my shirt on, I grabbed my phone from the bedside table, "Maya" My cousin was calling.

"Hey girl, wassap." I greeted her.

"Hey. Where are you right now?" She asked, I heard a few car honks, meaning she's outside.

"Home, getting ready for tonight, why?" I already knew what she was going to say.

"I thought maybe I could take you, and we'll go together, so we could talk you know, missed you girl so much, there's like a lot I wanna tell you."

I chuckled, "Yeah sure why not, missed you too babe, I'll just tell my parents that you're gonna pick me up."

"K, see you." We both hung up, I went to my parents, and informed them.

I returned back to my room, took off my sweatpants, checking myself at the mirror, damn, I need to start doing squats.

I wore my faded blue jeans, a few accessories, put mascara and lipstick, and sprayed a little perfume.

I grabbed the book "Hunger Games" and started reading, waiting for Maya.

Jesus, they have one missed up life.. CURSE YOU PRESIDENT SNOW.

My phone beeped, I opened it__

Maya: take dat shirt off ;)

Sapphire: you wierd little shit, are you outside?

Maya: yeah ^-^

I chuckled, wearing my shoes, i got out side after I told my parents about me leaving, I opened the passenger's door, and got inside.

Her perfume filled my nostrils, I started coughing, "Jesus Maya, why do you always do this?"

She shrugged, "what? It's not like you don't wear perfume."

"Yeah, but I don't swim in it." I glared at her.

She smirked, "I like to smell good." I rolled my eyes, "whatever, there's a lot I wanna talk about, you have no idea what happened!" She said excitedly.

I looked at her excited as well, "Oh my gosh tell me!"

"Remember Brad?" She asked.

"Yes of course, how can I not?!" I said. Brad has been Maya's crush ever since high school, they attend the same collage now, Maya was more than happy when she found out she has English and Account classes with him.

"Well, he texted me like four days ago, told me he has a hard time with his account homework." She said holding her smile.

"And?" I asked basically screaming, I'm gonna whip her ass if she keeps doing this to me.

"Well, since I didn't text him back, he called." Right now she couldn't hold her smile, she gave me a full smile, showing me her pearly white teeth.

"He called?!" I asked flabbergasted but happy at the same time.

"He called!" She screamed, acting like some crazed fan.

"Oh my god! What happened next?" I encouraged her to continue.

"He told me exactly what he texted me, and I'm like how can I help you, account ain't that easy you know, and he's like maybe we should meet at a café, and like study there." She was blushing uncontrollably.

"And you said?" I waved at her to continue, my patience wearing off.

"What do you mean what I said? Hell yeah that's what I said." She looked at me for a moment, giving me a dumb look.

We laughed, and talked until we reached our destination. That's when I started thinking about him.

Maya somehow saw that I was thinking about something, so she asked, "hey, you okay?" Worry filled her voice.

I looked at her blinking a few times, "Yeah, come on let's get out." I was about to open the door, when she held my shoulder stopping me from doing so.

She stared into my eyes for seconds before putting on a firm look, "speak."

Her voice was clear and straight forward, she wanted to know what's on my mind, but I wasn't ready to tell her, "About what?" I asked confusedly.

"You suck at lying Saph, just say what's on your mind, I can tell it ain't good, coz you were frowning."

I sighed defeatedly, "Fine, I'm just thinking about someone." I didn't lie, but I didn't fully tell her the truth.

She raised her eyebrow, "someone? And who is this someone might I ask?"

I shrugged, "Just someone." I looked at her, she had the are-you-fucking-with-me-right-now Look

"Saph, you know I hate it when you do this, we're supposed to be honest with each other." She said.

She's right, "okay okay." I put my hands up in surrender. "I'm thinking about elhmm" I mumbled his name.

"Saph don't do this right now, just say it!" She said obviously annoyed.

I huffed, "Fine, I'm thinking about Elliot." I snapped blushing uncontrollably.

She was shocked, but slowly a smile was forming on her lips, "Now why would you be thinking about him?" She said smirking mischievously.

"I don't know." I said quietly, looking at me hands on my lap.

"Maybe you likey." I saw her wiggling her eyebrows.

"Maya please don't start." I said opening the door, I got out closing it, I heard her faint laughing.

I waited for her to grab her things, I heard shouting coming from his house, it sounded like two were fighting. This isn't good.

I had an urge to walk to their house and knock on their door, but of course being me, shy and a coward, I didn't.

Maya finally got out, locking her car, she walked to me, and sighed tiredly, "I think of taking mazmaz to the garage, she needs help, she got into like four accidents now." She said talking about her car.

I checked out her car, "She looks fine to me."

"I said that to my dad, he said something about me not knowing a thing about cars like he does."

I chuckled, I looked up at the stars, counting the big ones. "Hey, you coming?"

"I'm coming, just gimme a sec." I said, still looking at the stars.

She shrugged, "okay." She started walking towards the house, then got inside.

I continued looking at the stars, the same stars I see every night, but it feels different when I see them here.

The shouting finally ended, and that got me a little nervous, because the door bursted open, and Elliot walked outside angerly.

I heard him curse a little, kicking the air, calming his breaths, he stared at his foot, with both hands on his hips, then looked up at the sky, it looked like he was searching for something, a star maybe? No Saph, the sky is full of them. He was searching for something else.

He started walking towards me, shit! I didn't know what to do, so I held my phone, and started texting no one.

He stopped in front of me, surprised look on him face when he noticed my existence, I looked at him, say something Saph! Smile! Anything!!!

I just stared at him, looking into his dark green eyes, this boy is breathtakingly gorgeous.

His expression changes from shocked to cold in a second.
I opened my mouth to speak but he walked past me quickly, I turned around watching his figure walking til it has disappeared in the dark.

I pursed my lips in a thin line, maybe next time Saph.
________________________________