Chapter Twenty-Four: Reunion

***A/N: Enjoy this extra-long special birthday post! Happy Birthday to me :) Hope you like it!

           I’d woken up that morning in a good mood – better than a good mood, actually, I was freaking ecstatic, floating on clouds. And it was all because Derek and the others had smashed the Alphas, eventually getting Aiden to hand over the contract so Derek could burn it and everything could return to normal. Aiden had been pissed, I could tell, but Deucalion was the one who’d acted like it was all according to plan. He’d told Derek to “not get too comfortable,” which I found mildly disturbing but not imminent enough to make me actually worry. For now, I was just glad to be back in my home with the man I loved beside me.

“I feel so close to you right now, it’s a force field. I wear my heart up on my sleeve like a big deal,” I practically shouted, spinning around happily on my tiptoes while I flipped the cinnamon-brown sugar pancake I was in the process of making. While I was cooking breakfast, Derek was still sleeping, although I couldn’t imagine how with the volume of my music. Last night, Isaac had gone home with Alice as a favor to me and Derek, but not before whispering in my ear “Now you can scream as loudly as you want” to which I’d promptly hit him on the shoulder and blushed furiously. He wasn’t totally wrong, though; after more than two weeks apart, mine and Derek’s reunion was sweet but dominantly hot and hungry and passionate. My body was so sore this morning that I could barely move at first, although now I was simply relishing in the “morning after” feeling. A deep blushed coated my cheeks now as I recalled the night before – the way I’d acted, the things I’d done with Derek…Yup, we definitely got a little bit carried away. Although now, after the miscarriage, Derek always used protection, and I’d even gotten started on the pill. I did not want a repeat of last year.

“I feel so close to you right now!” I slid the pancake off the pan and onto the top of the stack, which was teetering from the plentitude of pancakes. Just as I turned the light off and carried the pan to the sink, I heard heavy footsteps enter the kitchen and looked over my shoulder with a wide smile.

“Hey, you,” I called lightly, grinning as Derek approached me slowly and wrapped both arms around my waist from behind. My hands were still submerged in soapy water, but I quickly pulled them out and dried them off so I could kiss my boyfriend.

“Good morning,” Derek said in a husky, morning voice that sent sparks straight to my toes and had me reeling him in for another kiss, this one deeper and a little more passionate.

“Mmm, good morning,” I mumbled against his lips as Derek’s mouth found its way down to my throat, and I let out a moan of pleasure. Derek’s hands around my waist tightened, and before I knew it I was seated on the kitchen counter, Derek stepping into the circle of my legs. I crushed my body against his, pressing my chest forward and kissing him hungrily as my body temperature rose. Everywhere his hands touched me left an imprint of searing heat, and my skin begged to be touched by those hands. Just as I was about to strip off my tank top, the doorbell rang, loudly and persistently.

“That’ll be Isaac and Alice!” I cried, breaking away from Derek and jumping down. I heard him groan, and suddenly his hold on my hand was pulling me against his chest firmly. He bent his head to press his soft, warm lips against mine gently, and I just about melted against him. Derek’s lips were like velvet, silky and smooth, and his spicy-sweet aroma made me want to take him up to our bedroom and never leave. Ring, ring. Ring, ring.

“Damn, Isaac,” Derek murmured quietly before turning and jogging down the hall to let them in. I laughed, taking the plates of cinnamon brown sugar pancakes and bacon and setting them on the table. I’d invited Isaac and Alice over for breakfast, and as a secret surprise for Derek, I’d also invited Erica, who’d stayed with Alice last night too. I knew Derek missed Erica a lot, and maybe some quality time over a nice meal would fix things between them. When Erica had sunk into depression and started lashing out at all of us, Derek hadn’t known what to do besides send her away, even if it was against her will. When we’d gone down to visit in August, Erica hadn’t spoken a word to Derek until the very last day, when they got in a huge fight that ended in Derek storming out and promising me that we wouldn’t visit her again until she “got better”. Personally, I didn’t quite see what was wrong with Erica besides the normal teenage-werewolf crap, but if Derek thought she needed training, I wasn’t going to stop it. I just wanted Erica back.