Chapter Fourteen: Flight

****WARNING: SEXUAL CONTENT IN THIS CHAPTER! SEE LATER WARNING FOR WHERE TO SKIP**

           That night, we all packed up and checked out of the hotel right away even though it was nearly two in the morning by the time we left. Damien was insistent that we get started as soon as possible on our journey to Chicago. Gisela had pointed out that it'd be faster if we flew, and so now we were driving to the airport to catch a six a.m. flight that we were on, thanks to Milo who had purchased our tickets the minute I told them to go to Chicago. Derek and I had hurried back to our room, quickly packed up our bags, and now I sat in the very backseat of the SUV with my head tucked against his chest. Derek's bulging muscular arms were warm around me, and after barely ten minutes of driving, I felt his head fall down to rest on top of mine. My eyes started to close, and I felt myself drifting off.

            "Oh, please, you're lying. He can't be funny and nice and unbelievably hot. Not possible," Monica called from where she stood, waist-deep in a pile of my clothes that grew considerably larger by the second. I nodded my head, grinning from ear-to-ear as I recalled every interaction I'd had with Derek since our first date last Friday. He'd called me on Sunday, asking me if I wanted to go to the movies with him on Wednesday. It wasn't a normal "date night" but I found my heart swelling with anticipation at the thought of seeing Derek again – sooner was definitely better than later. So now here I was, standing in my closet with Monica after basketball practice as the two of us tried to accomplish what millions of girls before us had never been able to; find the perfect outfit to wear to the movies. It had to look good on you while you're sitting, but still be cute when you're standing up and walking. It had to be bright enough so you didn't blend into the darkness of the movie theater, but not so bright that it's obnoxious to wear in public in case you go out afterwards. It had to be flirty and enticing, but not so sexy that it looks like you're trying too hard. And so far, Monica and I weren't having any luck.

"How about this top? It's so cute!" she squealed, holding up a muted purple ruffled blouse and shoving it towards me. "Try it on!"

Slipping the shirt on swiftly, I turned to criticize my appearance in the full-length mirror that was situated in the front of my room.

"I don't know...it's kinda sophisticated, dontcha think? I don't want to seem too...stuffy," I complained, stripping off the blouse and quickly replacing it with a slinky, low-cut, hot pink tank top. "What about this?"

"Too sexy."

"This?"

"Not sexy enough!"

"Oh my god, Monica, he's gonna be here in an hour! And I still haven't done my hair! Or makeup!"

"Okay, girl, calm down," Monica assured me, relentlessly digging through my shelves upon shelves of clothes until she finally lifted up a midnight blue top with a triumphant cry.

"That's perfect! Monny, you're awesome, I seriously owe you one," I gushed in relief, pairing the blouse with some black skinny jeans. It was royal blue, cinched lightly at the waist with a deep V that accentuated my ample cleavage nicely without exposing too much. The material was slippery satin and reflected the light pleasantly. All in all, it was absolute perfection. Monica quickly styled my unruly curly red hair back into a fancy French braid that made me feel like a British mistress, and dusted a complicated smoky eye on me for the just the right amount of sultriness. Then I slipped on one of my favorite pairs of footwear – over the knee, lace-up, black leather boots that looked like something Jack Sparrow would wear. I absolutely adored them, and they added a certain edge to the look that I thought Derek would appreciate. By then it was seven-thirty, and Derek would be ringing the doorbell any second, so I grabbed my black leather jacket and little purple purse and hurried downstairs. Sure enough, not three minutes later Derek's handsome face appeared in the little window beside my front door, and I hastily let him in so he could meet Monica.