37

*RAIN*

The house was really quiet when I woke up, and I had memory of Destiny crying last night, but Roc must have taken care of her. I went to check on Destiny, but her crib was empty. What the hell, Roc was working, where was my baby!?

I ran downstairs in a panic and bumped into Roc at the bottom of the stairs.

"Oh. I was just ganna go check on you."

I looked past him at Destiny's empty bouncy chair.

"Roc where is Destiny!? I went to check her room and she isn't in there!"

He laughed and pinned my arms down at my sides so I would stop all the hand motions.

"Rain. Destiny is with my mom. Ok? You and I are ganna hang out today. Happy early birthday!"

I took a deep breath and smiled. "Oh. Ok. And thanks."

"I rented a bunch of movies and we're ganna have a movie day."

I blushed and looked down at my feet. "Just like in highschool."

He nodded. "Yup. Hungry? I made pancakes."

"Ooh yay! Just let me go brush my teeth and I'll be back down!"

I ran up the steps to clean up and then I put on real clothes. I put on a blue tank top and black sweatpants, putting my hair in a ponytail, which I rarely ever did.

"Everything smells amazing." I told Roc as I sat down at the table.

"Only the best for my baby."

"I gotta make an amazing dinner for you today." I smiled.

He walked over to the table, setting down my food and a glass of Orange Juice.

"Nope. Rain check on that. Tonight we're having Pizza for dinner."

"Well spoil me why don't you." I smiled.

"Oh I will. How about we relax by the pool after we eat. Tan a little."

I nodded. "That sounds nice."

He sat across from me and we both ate. I had pancakes, bacon, and a sausage pattie. Everything was delicious too!

"I am very impressed." I told him.

"Well you know how I do." He smirked.

"Ugh. You're so lame."

"Whatever. Ok here is your first present." He pulled a pink bag out from under the table, how did I not notice it!?

"Roc no, my birthday is TOMMOROW."

"I know. And you can open the rest tommorow."

"The rest? There's more?"

He smiled and I could tell he was proud of himself. "Oh Rain there is much, much more."

I took the bag from him and I felt his eyes on me the entire time. I pulled out the black tissue paper and then saw a one piece all white bathing suit.

"Awww Roc! It's so pretty, and I don't have one like this!"

"NOW you do. How about I clean up in here and you go change?"

"Ok!" I said excitedly. I couldn't wait till I tried it on.

I changed in the downstairs bathroom, very slowly. The bathing suit had a straps that tied around my neck, and although the back was one piece in the front the top section connected to the bottom through a thin silver chain. The chain was removeable, but I chose to leave it.

I combed my hair thoroughly and played around with my bangs. Over the eye? Swooped to the side? Left side or right side? After lots of second guessing I twisted my bangs back and pushed the hair forward before pinning the end, giving me a small "Snooki bump".

I didn't get why Roc was doing all this when the following day was my real birthday, but I wasn't ganna complain, at least everyone finally had accepted I wasn't having a birthday party.