23

*RAIN*

"Oh Rain baby you look incredible!" Ms.August told me,

"Thanks. I've been hitting the gym. And you look great as well."

She flipped her hair and laughed. "Now where is my precious grand baby?"

Roc walked in with Destiny in his arms, and handed her over to his mom.

"So this is her." She said sweetly, looking into her eyes, hastle, just like mine.

"Yes. Destiny Angela August." Roc told her.

I smiled at them both and then rushed upstairs to grab my purse and phone. I looked myself over in the mirror and ran back down stairs.

"You sure you two will be ok while I'm gone?" I asked.

"Rain we can handle it." Roc laughed.

I smiled. "Alright, I will be back as soon as possible."

"K." Roc said, coming over to me and hugging me.

I kissed Destiny's head. "Bye baby girl."

Then Roc wrapped his arms around me. He kissed me softly and I pulled away smiling.

"I love you."

"I love you more baby. Have fun." He said.

I hugged Ms.August and then walked out to the car excited that I was getting back into modeling. Roc and I planned on me being a stay at home mom, but I liked the feeling of making my own money, and his mom was the one who suggested she act as a babysitter. Roc was off work so he was ganna show his mom the ropes before we left her and Destiny alone.

When I arrived at the shoot I instantly felt happy. I loved having my hair and makeup done, and I loved all the free clothes I got. I was dressed in a flowy blue dress with my hair all curled and a headband made of flowers. My first shoot was for a spring collection to be sold exclusively at a popular store called Rainbows.

I was told to lay down on a pile of flowers, so that they surrounded me and a lady came to adjust my poses.

"Smile beautiful." My photographer said.

I smiled and heard the camera click several times.

"Now I want you to move your hands around in the petals."

I did so and after a few more shots I changed into more and more colorful dresses, posing with different purses against different backgrounds.

"It is pleasure to have you model for my new line." My photographer/designer said.

"Thank you for this opportunity." I told him.

"Can we expect baby pictures released?"

"Mmmm. I'll think about it. I really want some professional ones with Destiny, and my husband as well."

He smiled. "Oh joy! Well you have my number! It would be an honor to do that shoot for you."

I nodded. "I'll let you know soon Jason."

"Alright. I'll see you in a few days for our next line of clothes."

"Yes sir." I laughed.

When I got home I ran over to Ms. August, who was standing by the couch and holding Destiny's bottle to her mouth. Roc came down the stairs and hugged me.

"Hey baby can you take Destiny for a second. I wanna walk your mom out." I squealed and looked at her. "I have a full bag of shoes with your name on it."

"Sweetie we don't wear the same size." She laughed.

I laughed. "Don't be silly, I know, I got some in YOUR size! 8 and a half right?"

Roc took Destiny and his mom hugged me tight. "I knew there was a reason I liked you!"

I laughed and we walked outside together. I unlocked the trunk and pulled out a few pairs just so she could have an idea of the styles.

"You like?" I asked.

"I love!"

"Yay!"

She looked at me with a serious face while I put the shoes back in the bag.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" I frowned.

"It's just...Rain I am so glad to see you again. And so fit and happy. When we all thought we lost you everyone changed. Roc only smiled when he held Destiny, but sometimes he would cry because he said whenever he looked at her eyes he saw you. Angela grew attached to Destiny because she thought she was the only piece of you she had left. And I just...I...I"

Tears started falling from her eyes and I wrapped my arms around her. "Awww ma don't cry! I'm here. I'm here, and I'm not leaving."

She pulled away and looked at me. "Can you imagine...if he would have pulled that plug!?"

I gulped. "I choose not to take my imagination down that road."

"Oh. Good." She laughed.

"You know what. What if we had a party here at the house. Just close friends, so everyone can connect again. Rain is back." I smiled.

She hugged me tight. "That sounds lovely."

"Ok. We will do it soon I promise."

We kissed cheeks and I took my bags from the car while she drove back to her house. I went up to the bedroom and saw Roc sitting criss cross apple sauce on the bed, cradling Destiny in his arms. I talked to him while I changed into a tank top and sweats.

"Baby what do you think about having a party? Like an...'I'm ok' get together. You can invite the guys, and Angie and your mom could come. Maybe my dad could fly out."

"Mhhm." He said, nonchalantly.

I laughed and sat next to him on the bed. "Roc did you even hear me?"

"Mhhm." He said in the same tone. He was looking right into Destiny's eyes while she held on to his index finger.

"Look how big my finger looks in her tiny hand."

I laughed because he sounded fascinated. I kissed his cheek, he was such a father.

"Turn out the light after you put her to bed k?"

"Sure. Um actually I'll shut it off now. I'm ganna go hang with her in the nursery for a bit."

"Everything ok?"

He nodded. "Yeah bae. Goodnight."

I kissed Destiny's forehead and then pecked his lips. "Goodnight baby."

I layed back down and he turned off the light before shutting the door.